Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Steve Smith Wins US Open!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Steve Smith Wins US Open!
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 25, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
Congrats to Steve Smith for knocking Sam Hill off in the 2008 US Open... It's good to see Canada repp'n on the podium, not to mention first place!

U.S. Open Final Results:

Steve Smith 2:36.737
Sam Hill 2:37.326
Bryn Atkinson 2:38.603
Matti Lehikoinen 2:41.011
Andrew Neethling 2:41.430

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 14:28 Quote
Woohoo a canadian finally gets first

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
ive heard alot of people dissing steve whats the deal?

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
oh here we go, north american red neck attitude and intolerance!

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
lukeneil wrote:
undercoverfreak wrote:
oh here we go, north american red neck attitude and intolerance!
f*ck you. canada is the best place on earth. UK sucks shit its never sunny!

is that your way to deal with criticism? to start insulting people?

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
I think steve smith is a great rider and could not care less about his sexuality!

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
Well this is a bizarre thread, guess some posts must have been deleted. Anyways congrats to him, edging out Hill, thats impressive.

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
I heard Hill crashed durring his run too... Can anyone confirm this?

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
mitcht wrote:
negative...if he did, he only lost by 1 second w/ a crash.
i posted a vid of smith and hill in the rock garden

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 5:27 Quote
Highly doubt he crashed, considering they both had quicker times than in qualifying. I think Steve Smith beat him outright, great to see a Canadian on top of the podium at a US event, and to beat the current World Champ!

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 5:59 Quote
seemed like hill could have done the last stretch faster, smith did it in about 6.5 seconds and it took hill 8, not sure why he let up, he's never usually strong when he needs to pedal. congrats to smith.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 6:11 Quote
deadatbirth wrote:
mitcht wrote:

i heared he crashed up top as well.

dont underestimate him only losing by 1 seconds with a crash, think last world cup season when he raced in the mud and fell and lost by 1-2 seconds, he fell and rode in the mud while the winner rode in the dry!

re-watch earthed 5. hill is more than capable then falling and getting within a second, but take nothing away from steve, he is the new up and comming rider. if he manages to stay on his bike this season, he will be getting top 15 finishes

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 6:12 Quote
i coulnt make it sunday. i just broke my wrist on saturday

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 9:09 Quote
ErenG wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:
mitcht wrote:

dont underestimate him only losing by 1 seconds with a crash, think last world cup season when he raced in the mud and fell and lost by 1-2 seconds, he fell and rode in the mud while the winner rode in the dry!

re-watch earthed 5. hill is more than capable then falling and getting within a second, but take nothing away from steve, he is the new up and comming rider. if he manages to stay on his bike this season, he will be getting top 15 finishes
well if unless he crashed on the bottom half, the group i was with didnt see him crash on the top section. we had about 6 guys along the first half of the course and no one saw him go down

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 9:13 Quote
deadatbirth wrote:
ErenG wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:

well if unless he crashed on the bottom half, the group i was with didnt see him crash on the top section. we had about 6 guys along the first half of the course and no one saw him go down
i saw him from the turn after crapshoot, through the s-turns and along the last stretch over the pro-jump and i didn't see him fall either.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010337
Mobile Version of Website