Powered by Outside

Any One From Georgia

PB Forum :: USA - East
Any One From Georgia
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 9:33 Quote
Just wanted see who is from georgia on the site. Also looking for some riding partners. I live in the Marietta/East Cobb area. Just getting into the sport like freeride and downhill the most. Been riding for about month now. Looking to get out any day or weekend. Im 22 and im down for having a beer or two or three afterwards. Hit me up

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 16:16 Quote
Whats up man. Im just starting into DH in the Ga area and would like to find some good spots around the state. Im from the Columbus area.

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 22:26 Quote
Very cool. Most of the spots are in northern georgia such as carters lake. Atlanta has a pretty good freeride area called big creek which is fun. Other than that you got clemson in south carolina which i hear is sweet and and north carolina has some great stuff. Im at school in Auburn for the fall. So if you want to ride around here sometime hit me up.

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
Whats up guys Im from ohio but currently living in georgia.. i need some people to ride with and show me some local spots. Im living in the savannah area but am willing to travel. I just wanna ride

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 19:32 Quote
Well im at school right now. But if im ever going on a trip i'll hit you up. You might want to hit up Santos in Florida. I bet its only an hour from you. I hear its sweet

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 17:45 Quote
hey
i am originally from georgia and planning to move back in january. I currently live down in beaufort, sc near savannah

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
yall have some great places to ride there in GA, carters lake DH, and big creek are my faves so far. But if you close to Santos, you should hit that up too, just don't expect any DH down there, but alot of FR stuff and DJ's

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 12:53 Quote
I agree with Rob. Carters and Big C are both awesome places. The DS course at Big C is rockin.

Pisgah in NC is an awesome place to ride too. Its about 3 hours from ATL. Rode there with some people the other weekend an had a blast. They have some great downhill trails. 5 Mile downhills... are awesome

Clemson i hear is great too. Im headed there in a few weeks.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 8:59 Quote
If your looking for people to ride FR/DH with i would look on www.ridesofa.org

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
Heres the link to the SORBA freeride forum, alot of guys from GA on here
http://www.sorba.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Posted: Nov 4, 2009 at 13:16 Quote
I know I am digging up an old thread, but I am always looking for guys to ride with in GA!

My parents live in GA near Big Creek, I go to school in Clemson, and right now I am working in Nashville.

Anyone feel free to hit me up any time if you are near Nashville and want some cool freeride spots to ride. I know of a couple around here. Also, there is a new DH in Chattanooga, in the early stages. Next semester I will be back in Clemson... riding every weekend, all over the southeast.

Also hit me up if you want to do a trip out west or to snowshoe... I am dying to do something like that.

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 8:02 Quote
I should have my bike back in working order soon if anybody is up for some DH at carters lake. Or if you know a good area thats groovy to. Im in Columbus

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 at 8:12 Quote
Well, On Friday after thanksgiving, me and few friends are going to hit up Big Creek. I don't know if you have been or not. I don't think it would be worth the drive unless your desperate to ride. It is nowhere near carters lake; however, it does have a nice slalom course and some nice DJs. the DH is pretty short but still fun IMO. Also a lot of good compact XC trails if your into that sort of thing. I will be riding both throughout the day.

edit: big creek is just north of ATL in Roswell. Let me know if you want directions.

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 at 12:52 Quote
I came a couple of months ago in the US, and just build my bike,I live in east cobb, Marietta and I'm looking for someone to ride with. The only trails I've been so far are Big Creek and Blankets Creek. The only information I have for the trails around Atlanta is from mtbr.com and singletracks.com. It would be great, if someone show me the places they like to ride, and probably ride together.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013044
Mobile Version of Website