help me to chose my crank

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
help me to chose my crank
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
hi, i just don't know which crank to buy
fly 3pc crank (27oz)
or a Odyssey wombolt (29oz)
can you give me some reasons to choose one of them and if it have something wrong with one of them crank
that will be very appreciated
thank a lot!

(if my english suck it is because i usually speak french)

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
J'ai personnellement le nous les gens royaux ils sont I`m très agréables et assez bon marché pas trop sûrs sur le poids bien que prend un regard. Je probebly a plissé vraiment cette phrase comme je l'ai traduit de l'anglais à français sur Internet. La bonne chance avec ce que jamais vous choisissez.

sorry ifs its horrible i tried and explain why in their.

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 at 22:48 Quote
idk about those cranks but i've heard good things about the Eastern Stealth Crank

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 3:04 Quote
neither one of those cranks are 3 piece cranks...you should just buy profile cranks or redline device cranks plus a Ti spindle...

Profiles
http://www.danscomp.com/452552.php?cat=PARTS

Redline+Ti spindle
http://www.danscomp.com/452505.php?cat=PARTS

http://www.3ride.com/v2/detail/?itemID=6127

overall its cheaper just to buy profiles because they come with a Ti spindle...

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 6:24 Quote
Mmmmm, Profiles.

Poor manufacturing and snappy snaptacularness!

You should definitely buy those.

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 6:26 Quote
Aaron-J wrote:
Mmmmm, Profiles.

profiles snap now?...i've heard some can last like 4-5 years...

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 6:55 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
Aaron-J wrote:
Mmmmm, Profiles.

profiles snap now?...i've heard some can last like 4-5 years...
It's hit or miss. Some people snap or bend them multiple times in a short period of time. Some people swear by them and ride them for years.

If you want 48 spline I'd get the Redline, or maybe try the MacNeils.

Wombolts over Flys for me.

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 7:19 Quote
long time no see, i have heard of them bending and stuff but i guess i just figured they were just the old ones...my redlines have been flawless for me and i've never seen a snapped pair...and i've heard of the conjoined cranks cracking on some people...

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 7:31 Quote
how are the 1664 cranks ?

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 7:40 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
long time no see, i have heard of them bending and stuff but i guess i just figured they were just the old ones...my redlines have been flawless for me and i've never seen a snapped pair...and i've heard of the conjoined cranks cracking on some people...
Yeah, I seen the pics too. 1 or 2 arms broke, not that big of a deal. I found it funny though, MacNeil released replacement arms the same time as the cranks.

The number of broken Profiles is scary, but the number of Profiles that have been sold and produced is huge compared to other cranks. It's hard to say what's better.

(Seen some broken Redlines for the record, but I'd still consider them some of the best 48 splines)

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 7:52 Quote
warrior1 wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:
Yeah, I seen the pics too. 1 or 2 arms broke, not that big of a deal. I found it funny though, MacNeil released replacement arms the same time as the cranks.

The number of broken Profiles is scary, but the number of Profiles that have been sold and produced is huge compared to other cranks. It's hard to say what's better.

(Seen some broken Redlines for the record, but I'd still consider them some of the best 48 splines)

for 130$ they are great...

im sure he hes a small guy and he doesn't throw his bike and such most cranks would last...i donno about the flys though...

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
Eastern Stealth Cranks

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 13:06 Quote
id say primo powerbite or hollowbite my friend has had them for years and no faults

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
he added the weights of the cranks so i think hes looking for something light...no question to them being strong but according to 3ride they are 2.95 pounds...

Posted: Jun 18, 2008 at 13:16 Quote
i would choose fly's over wombolts because it looks liek teh wedge system on the wombolts brake alot.. but i would personally go fo redliens or macneils

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009558
Mobile Version of Website