Powered by Outside

Whats the stupidest thing you've done? (Bike Related)

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Whats the stupidest thing you've done? (Bike Related)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 3:47 Quote
So whats the stupidest thing you've done on a bike? Either if you owned yourself doing it on you landed it or w/e. Tell me!

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 13:38 Quote
jump off a bustop

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 13:47 Quote
haha, going up on to a step on step off/ funbox thingy with gaps at either end and i tried to stop before going off the end, but the wheels just locked up and my front wheel went down into the gap and i was toast, i have no clue what i was thinkin cus the step on step off is only like 11 feet long haha

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 13:53 Quote
I bought a Nakamura Tnt at 500$ Madder ..And with only 2 months of riding I need to change it. Don't worry at this time I was new to biking and my my knowledge on bikes wasnt very large.Wink

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 13:53 Quote
left it unlocked outside a shop. Madder

FL
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 13:56 Quote
tried launching into a rockgarden on an all mountian bike. i ended up having to have 3 hours of dental work and the anaesthetic didn't work properly. it hurt a lot when the dentist drilled into a nerve.

Mod
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 13:57 Quote
left one unlocked..bye bye bike.
Going to fast the first time down a new trail...and I miss out on 2 and a half months of biking.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 14:00 Quote
not looking at the drop before i hit it and went flying head first and landed before my bike and the bike hit me; hurt alot

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 21:50 Quote
Ride Mount Washington with like barly any back brake in pouring rain, and I mean really pouring and really really muddy. Thats definetly not the dumbest, but definetly the most recent.

Chom

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 1:29 Quote
doing a drop in cave hill only about 10 foot then on to do a double that i didnt check out and didnt notice how skecy looking it was till i came up short smaked my face of the stem even though had a full face on lol front fliped over the bars bike disapered into the bushes and i sat down with blood pissing outa my head and needed 6 stiches managed to drive to hospital n all not smart but still lol

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 1:35 Quote
Stupidest thing I ever done involving a bike?

.......buying a Kona Big Grin

Seriously though, once I had bought a wheel off a mate at my local trail, I had to strap it to my backpack to get it to the bottom. I was airing jumps and it would float up over my back while I was in the air. Then I thought "hmm what if it upsets my balance?" BANG! CRASH! I was under body armour at the time but I managed to get a huge rock smashing into my upper leg, the one place which wasnt protected.

Things I learned:

-It is not advisable to buy things for your bike when you are actually biking
-If you must, do not strap it to your back
-If you must, do not attempt jumps.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 2:01 Quote
I went down an escalator in the mall and crashed..tup
but i was on my BARRACUDA... so it was'nt easy Attention

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 2:30 Quote
boooooooooooooooobs

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 3:16 Quote
i've rode the dh track with a bmx, breakless bmx (i had a brake, but it didin't work)......so it was all downhill for me, haha, in the end, i've survived.....barrely, the next day, hurted like hell, hahaha......now i own a mtb for those kind of things.........

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009246
Mobile Version of Website