Powered by Outside

Help fix up these secret jumps, and restore them to their full potential.(Toronto)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Help fix up these secret jumps, and restore them to their full potential.(Toronto)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
Hey everyone,
We need some help with fixing up jumps, maintaining the trail.
This area already has jumps set up, and built quite nicely, however since winter there has been no maintenance, or attempt at fixing them.
We need some people to help us out with the fixing of these jumps.
For your help we'll offer you
-Access to this extremely low use trail.
-Water
-A good place to ride.
-Some new friends.

Because this is a somewhat secret location we will not give away the exact location until we meet you

We will be meeting at leslie and sheppard , I can give you directions if needed.
The don jumps are being destroyed some time this year, so this is a great alternative to being jumpless.

There are jumps for most skill levels, but beginners should stay away
this includes:
Large gapped jumps, medium gapped jumps, somewhat small gapped jumps
if you're a pro, a 15 foot drop should be challenging enough.
I did not make these jumps, but i would like to do my part and fix them up for all riders.

My friend and I will be organizing the repairs, so you can add me on msn , (freek_in_cage_77@hotmail.com) and we'll let you know when we're planning to repair these.

We'd appreciate the help, Thanks.
James.

I'll upload a few pics of them last year in my profile.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:25 Quote
Me and a couple friends might be able to help but we are in aurora/newmarket

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
sure man,if you're willing to make it down here we'd love the help.
I'm getting a new bike this week, so i can't ride until then, and my friend who is helping me broke his hand, so he can't ride for a month, but he's helping.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
well me and one of my friends are XC riders so we know very little about building but hopefully we'll learn something

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
we're not doing much building, just fixing up, we only need to build up 2 jumps
the rest are good as they are, just need a little touch up.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
These jumps are great so there isn't much fixing up to do. There is just a few bumps that stop you from getting enough speed to do the jumps. I definetally suggest people to join if you live in north york because you are close to the jumps, and you will be able to find out where there are if you come!!

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
Oh, and make sure you bring shovels. I won't be able to do much because I broke my hand Smile

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
hey guys icwould love to help message me when you are going

EDIT: im in montreal this weekend but im home after Tuesday(i think)

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
id be down for helping out to, could bring a couple friends to and all that messege me when its happening

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 at 15:02 Quote
hey, my friend and I are working on them tomorrow, we're meeting at the jumps at 10:30, and we're not biking, because mine is currently broken until i buy my new one in 5 days, and he has a broken hand so he can't, but you're welcome to bring a bike, we need someone to try them out, or a bike to make sure the angles work and what not, if you do decide to come, call my cell at 9:30, (416 827 5457) and I can meet you at leslie and sheppard to show you to the jumps.If you have a shovel or any useful equipment please bring them.
Thanks,
James.

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
hey guys!
so my friend and i have been trying to work on these jumps for a few months now and we have really made progress on a couple but lately we have been really busy so we haven't had time. I live really close to the jumps and know exactly where they are (i live at don mills and lawrence). Unfortunatley im in summer school for the next two weeks but i would love to help you guys out any other time after that! My friend and i have somewhat fixed the small jump right after the berm and the jump after it, we had to completely reshape the berm in order for you to carry out your speed into the jump but it was well worth the effort. Let me know what you guys are planning to do and which jumps you are planning to fix, i would love to help. Also i think we should fix up that drop because its super sketch right now.

peace

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 6:20 Quote
Hey,
Yeah we'd appreciate your help, the place has real potential
we're going today to do some work.
add me on msn, freek_in_cage_77@hotmail.com

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 at 6:21 Quote
devincirider123 wrote:
hey guys!
so my friend and i have been trying to work on these jumps for a few months now and we have really made progress on a couple but lately we have been really busy so we haven't had time. I live really close to the jumps and know exactly where they are (i live at don mills and lawrence). Unfortunatley im in summer school for the next two weeks but i would love to help you guys out any other time after that! My friend and i have somewhat fixed the small jump right after the berm and the jump after it, we had to completely reshape the berm in order for you to carry out your speed into the jump but it was well worth the effort. Let me know what you guys are planning to do and which jumps you are planning to fix, i would love to help. Also i think we should fix up that drop because its super sketch right now.

peace
ya i was planing on that drop but still need to get a new full-face helmet, how is the landing on that thing?? f*cked or just bad??

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011600
Mobile Version of Website