Powered by Outside

The RGC riders and builders thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The RGC riders and builders thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
Hey this is a thread for all of the riders and builders of RGC. This is where you can post when you're headed there next to build or ride, as well as just general talk about it. Thought it might be a good mediator between everyone.

I'll start it off, I'm headed up tommorrow, friday July 4th for pretty much the whole day to give the jumps some love (the step-up's pretty beat) as well as a solid session.

Cheers 'erbody

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
I will try and head up there after work around 4:30 5:00 if i can.
hopfully ill see you there!

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
Alrighty, just text me or give me a call to confirm.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 1:10 Quote
Im not bitching any one out or pointing fingures, but it sure seems theres a hell of alot more people who ride them then build them, dj's are a 50/50 ride work thing, last time I was there I just wanted to leave, they were horrible, Plus I the people I ride with put any work into them it gets destroyed, case it point, Finally get the set dialed some one mellows out the lips, the new step up is destroyed since i guess some one didnt like it, Wypers pissed about that one for good reason he spent hours on something it took some one 3 mins to change, and for the worse.

slight rant but im tired of people changing shit, The reason I use to drive to RGC was to get away from the grom fests and the jump modifications that follow them, but it looks like the've manned up more now to ride them, Time for a new set soem were else.

Reminder not ranting at any indiviual since no one seems to jumps RGC alone.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 8:12 Quote
I completely agree, I went on wednesday and the step-up, like you said is practically destroyed. The wood reinforcement on the landing has been pushed over and there has been like a solid foot of dirt from the landing just pushed back, it's ridiculous. I'm not sure I'll be able to set the wood back up, But I'm going to try and get most of the dirt back to where it was before, as well as buff the lip a bit and maybe smooth out the run-in.

I only had like 2 hours on wednesday so we kinda just threw a bit of dirt here and there on the small line, but todya I'm gonna try and start really fixing some stuff, and maybe fill in a few small holes in the big set.

But i completely agree, there need to be more people contributing to keeping the place in good shape as well, instead of just ridning and leaving

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 17:49 Quote
So we did a huge overhaul on the step-up today, got er back to at least very good working order, though the lip still needs a bit done to it. Buffed the small line, all the jumps are good, but pretty much only drained water from the big set and threw some dirt here and there. I'm super ticked though, hung up an NFC on the small set and concussed myself, so I won't be up at least until after Whistler (wednesday till saturday or Sunday), though I might make it up to do some building before then, we'll see.

Umm that's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment, I'm still a bit out of it. Confused

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 22:40 Quote
By the way Chubes, if this new place is relatively close I'll come help build

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
i jump rgc alone all the time haha and yes i agree with mitch people always change shit and it jsut makes the jumps worse and this is a message to mitch the step up is now fixed thanx to helping hands like dustin.

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 22:15 Quote
hey
im heading up to RGC tomorrow morning around 10:30
if any one els want to go
ill see you there

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 22:20 Quote
theman728 wrote:
hey
im heading up to RGC tomorrow morning around 10:30
if any one els want to go
ill see you there

Take a shovel, they need some work was there today and could only find a shovel head. the rest are gone or well hhidden.

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 22:22 Quote
yoooo im a rgc rider

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 22:25 Quote
yes definatley need some work

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
yeah good idea
ill bing a few shovels if i can

Posted: Jul 11, 2008 at 21:58 Quote
theman728 wrote:
yeah good idea
ill bing a few shovels if i can

if you can? if you can bring your bikes you better be able to bring shovels and put in at least half the time digging as you do riding.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010617
Mobile Version of Website