Powered by Outside

dmr v8 any good??

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
dmr v8 any good??
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 21:17 Quote
hey i was thinking of getting these they anygood?

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
i have these on my bike and i personally love them. not to expensive, come in a variety of colours, replaceable pins, very grippy, only thing is they are unsealed bearings but hey, still pretty nice

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
I just got them 2 weeks ago and i think they are great. I use them on my DH bike and they have plenty of grip. They have a greese port on them and they come with a syringe that has a good supply of lube in it. Just add a little bit more every few months.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
alright thx for the advice

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 1:19 Quote
yea i also have these and are the best pedals i have had cheap and work super good

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 2:17 Quote
sorry, but does anyone know, which pedals is cam mccaul riding in the collective - seasons at his pooljump session?

wanna hav this pedals but i just dont know where i can buy this

thanks

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 2:19 Quote
really good pedals,

However if you have the money it is worth getting the V12.

Get them in red Razz

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 2:27 Quote
have you seen seasons? this pedals are hot, but nobody knows something about them

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 2:48 Quote
strong, good grip, cheap

v12's have sealed bearings tho so are worth the extra cash, they also have replaceable pins if your arsed

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 2:54 Quote
dmr v 8s and v 12s arefine as long as you do not have over size 9 feet unless your feet are narow or they will hang of the side also in the v 12s they are sealed cartiges but there is no way of tightening them also don't botther with terroro pins they hold your foot of the pedals because they are so long 9 mm pertruding apart from these small things they are good pedals

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 3:04 Quote
the v8 and12 r good pedals but not if u gt big feet i ue 2 run them but gt fed up of hal my feet hanging off the side of the pedal and the pins r huge so when ur feet do slip off and if u gt big feet they will u get te nastyest pedal scars in the world

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 3:05 Quote
V8's the bearing quickly die in them and then the pedal will spin uncontrollably and the axels aren't very strong (bent mine and so have my mates). The platform size isnt very big which is rather annoying if you have large feet. They grip nicely though. The V12's are defo worth the extra cash. Just make sure you regrease the bushings in them every couple of months to keep them running sweet.

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 3:06 Quote
what do gusset slim jims compare to these??

Posted: Jul 4, 2008 at 3:58 Quote
V8's are prob the best pedal for 20 quid, also prob the pedal most people use. Like most people have been saying if you can get the v12's as they have better bearings, all the pins are replaceable, you get a proper medal end cap rather than a cheap plastic one, which gets shredded the first time you go to regrease the bearings. Also you can buy pimp my pedals for the v12's and customise them a bit more if thts your thing. The only thing with all the dmr pedals is that the paint just falls off the things after a few rides but apart from that there a pretty good pedal for the money.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010391
Mobile Version of Website