Powered by Outside

Fit Hawk Setup

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Fit Hawk Setup
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
Hey mates,

so im gettin ready to invest in a new 20" and below is a specs list i have gathered up. let me no if theres any problems i will run into or any suggestions you would have please. thanks

Specs.
Frame: Fit Hawk 20.5"
Bars: S&M Slam
Forks: Odyssey Classic Dirt
Stem: S&M Redneck XLT
Front Wheel: Primo Balance
Rear wheel: *still not sure*?? 9t though
Cranks: Primo Hollow Bites
Seat/Post: Kink Pivotal
Brake: Fly
Lever: Odyssey Monolever
Front Tire: Fly Ruben 20x 2.25
Rear Tire: *still not sure*??
Chainwheel: Fit DownLow 25t
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC Clear

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
for your back wheel id say go with the macneil casette wheel
and for the back tire odyssey k-lyte foldable kevalar beaded tire.
everything else seems solid
But id say go with the macneil conjoined cranks
and your missing a chain,
Id go for the shadow conspiracy half link v2

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
rear wheel i would say primo i don't have one but i never hear anything bad about the primo rims or the primo hubs and the back tire depends wht you wanna ride a fit faf is always a good option or an animal tire

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
juan0724 wrote:
rear wheel i would say primo i don't have one but i never hear anything bad about the primo rims or the primo hubs and the back tire depends wht you wanna ride a fit faf is always a good option or an animal tire
But he said he wants 25-9 gearing primo wheels are 23-8

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
i left the chain out because a chain is a common thing. i got like 2 fresh half links just sittin next to me...

the mccneil is a heavy peice though.. i was thinkin of a primo for the rear also.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
dirtjumperkid18 wrote:
juan0724 wrote:
oh i thought you had choice of 8 or 9 but ye i coudl agree with conjoined or redlines devices

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 14:10 Quote
juan0724 wrote:
dirtjumperkid18 wrote:
juan0724 wrote:
oh i thought you had choice of 8 or 9 but ye i coudl agree with conjoined or redlines devices
No,
But id go for the conjoined there a bit more money but there lighter and as ive hear alot there better
and you know what i like fit but macneil just demolishes and its cheaper and better
honestly id go with a macneil whinton 2 frame

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 14:21 Quote
please don't get a macneil hub...
honestly if you do any grinding, it will be impossible to get spokes out. I've seen it happen too many times.

for a rear hub, I'd say profile. I ride one and it's the only thing I'd ever ride. but they do tend to get a wobble in them from time to time, and if your not comfortable taking you hub apart I would not get it.

I think the primo mix would be perfect. They're great hubs, good engagment, and from what i've heard they've had no bearing problems...

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 14:24 Quote
yaybikes wrote:
please don't get a macneil hub...
honestly if you do any grinding, it will be impossible to get spokes out
. I've seen it happen too many times.

for a rear hub, I'd say profile. I ride one and it's the only thing I'd ever ride. but they do tend to get a wobble in them from time to time, and if your not comfortable taking you hub apart I would not get it.

I think the primo mix would be perfect. They're great hubs, good engagment, and from what i've heard they've had no bearing problems...
Dude sorry hes right about the macneil hub. But everyone says with 23 8 gearing (primo) there chain snaps fast. so yeah id go with profile hub

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
dirtjumperkid18 wrote:
juan0724 wrote:
dirtjumperkid18 wrote:

No,
But id go for the conjoined there a bit more money but there lighter and as ive hear alot there better
and you know what i like fit but macneil just demolishes and its cheaper and better
honestly id go with a macneil whinton 2 frame
i actually had this decision conjoineds or redlines devices but after my friend doing a 3 down a 5 set snapped teh conjoineds i decided to get redlines

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 15:07 Quote
dirtjumperkid18 wrote:
juan0724 wrote:

No there not you can get the primo drivers in 9t aswell

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 15:21 Quote
why not just go with the 1664 cranks? everyone says 1664 sucks, but the cranks are lighter than the conjoined's, and i havent had a problem with them yet. plus they are cheap.

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
I would suggest an Animal GLH tire for the rear. I have them and they are great. They have knurled sidewalls to protect against grinds.

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
ryan-1991 wrote:
dirtjumperkid18 wrote:
juan0724 wrote:

No there not you can get the primo drivers in 9t aswell
Ohh sorry,
But idk id go with a custom wheel with some fly rims and a profile hub and w.e spokes you want

Posted: Jul 9, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
oh, and the cranks...Thumbs Down
please just get some standard 48 spline tubular cranks.

hollowbites tend to strip at the pedal insert. since the insert is steel and the arm is aluminum when you crank your pedals then go to take them off the insert can't take the pressure of being cranked off. that's when the steel insert starts to spin and your pedal won't come off. from there it slowly starts to wiggle and strip more, until your pedal is loose and the insert falls out.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010924
Mobile Version of Website