Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Why do BMXers (and skaters) get so angry?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Why do BMXers (and skaters) get so angry?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 13:54 Quote
what is it with bmxers these days they get so angry, why? stuffs frustrating when u cant land something, but you never see a mtb rider "see red" and throw there bike and scream...

this isn't starting an argument im jsut REALLY interested.

P.S i all so ride a bmx, all tho fracturing my pelvis with the bars to the groin on sataday has stopped me riding all together. and its for sale

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
you can throw a bmx with out breaking anything(most of the time) and they are very light, its also funny to watch sometimes and Aaron Ross only throws his bike when he is shooting for vids...i'd like to see a dh rider throw a 45 pound bike and not break something...

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:14 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
you can throw a bmx with out breaking anything(most of the time) and they are very light, its also funny to watch sometimes and Aaron Ross only throws his bike when he is shooting for vids...i'd like to see a dh rider throw a 45 pound bike and not break something...

Wrong.... oh so wrong.

The answer is The line that are riden by each, Skater ride really short close lines, bmxers ride a slightly bigger spaced line then a skater, but not enough of a difference to worry about.

26" riders session the whole f'in park on any given line cause the things turn like buses. So while a skater and a bmxer can share the same section of park with out snipe'n one another the 26" rider is hogging the whole park, sailing from one end to the other... most of the time with a "I have the right to ride here...or else attitude"

Mtb's in a park just take up to much space and hog to much of a park.

When i was in vancouver at hastings on my bmx riding with some skaters i had just met, everything was cool, we were shooting the shit and everything was cool, till two buttfaced Mtb'rs showed up running ridiculously huge lines all over the park so even if you dropped in on the other side, the buttfacers still sniped you . So you basically had to wait until they cleared out to drop in.

do you understand yet?

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
mavster wrote:
what is it with bmxers these days they get so angry, why? stuffs frustrating when u cant land something, but you never see a mtb rider "see red" and throw there bike and scream...

Such a horrible generalization. I ride a "mtb" and when I get pissed I throw my bike and swear. Its all about the person, not the bike they're riding.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
atomik777 wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:

Wrong.... oh so wrong.

The answer is The line that are riden by each, Skater ride really short close lines, bmxers ride a slightly bigger spaced line then a skater, but not enough of a difference to worry about.

26" riders session the whole f'in park on any given line cause the things turn like buses. So while a skater and a bmxer can share the same section of park with out snipe'n one another the 26" rider is hogging the whole park, sailing from one end to the other... most of the time with a "I have the right to ride here...or else attitude"

When i was in vancouver at hastings on my bmx riding with some skaters i had just met, everything was cool, we were shooting the shit and everything was cool, till two buttfaced Mtb'rs showed up running ridiculously huge lines all over the park so even if you dropped in on the other side, the buttfacers still sniped you . So you basically had to wait until they cleared out to drop in.

do you understand yet?

I'm not going to lie, I don't see any correlation between this statement and people getting pissed and throwing their bikes.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
mavster wrote:

Such a horrible generalization. I ride a "mtb" and when I get pissed I throw my bike and swear. Its all about the person, not the bike they're riding.

Same. Except I swear first then throw, not throw then swear. Sometimes I swear while throwing aswell.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
atomik777 wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:

Wrong.... oh so wrong.

do you understand yet?

I'm not going to lie, I don't see any correlation between this statement and people getting pissed and throwing their bikes.

i like how he added "do you understand yet?" at the end of it when he clearly doesn't himself...oh the irony...

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
mavster wrote:

I agree, I have a mate who rides mtb and bmx and gets angry on both :S It's the rider not the bike they ride that makes them angry OP

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
Are you kidding me! I wont throw my bike that I just pay 600$!

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
atomik777 wrote:
norcoman-1314 wrote:

Wrong.... oh so wrong.

do you understand yet?

yeah thats just a moan against mtbs, but this is jsut what you do...im wondering WHY
and yes i see what you mean by a mtb's turning circle is much wider then a bmx's, but thats the wheels and length, 24in rides have a smaller turning circle then 26's then 20 are smaller still

any funny reasons? stories?

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:52 Quote
01oelliott wrote:
ezekiel82 wrote:
mavster wrote:

I agree, I have a mate who rides mtb and bmx and gets angry on both :S It's the rider not the bike they ride that makes them angry OP

I agree but when was the last time you saw someone pick themselves up and throw themselves, I'm betting never. so the bike is your closest viable target so it usually takes the abuse. but if more people had the thought of: take a break and then go back and try whatever trick they're trying to do it would relieve some of the stress.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
iv seen some one throw them selfs it was funny as foook

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
this may sound stereotypical, but so many more bmxers are on drugs and what not, allmost all of them come from the city, and ya.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
lol that i'd PAY to see.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
mitch1514 wrote:
this may sound stereotypical, but so many more bmxers are on drugs and what not, allmost all of them come from the city, and ya.

So I assume you've spoken with all the BMXers and MTBers you've come across and asked them about their drug use then.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012354
Mobile Version of Website