Powered by Outside

Is it time for me to quit because im not getting anywhere

PB Forum :: Beginners
Is it time for me to quit because im not getting anywhere
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
As the title says "Is it time for me to quit because im not getting anywhere" because i started well first 3 months of biking i learn't to wheelie , jump 2-4 foot jumps and stay on , clear 4 foot gaps , but i know its nothing good compaired to alot of the riders here , but i just cant afford the bike and parts , im using a saracen vortex le with dm18s , my forks are basicly gonna snap , bent crank and little pressure in brakes ,and well im 15 i can get a good job to pay for everything , so should i wait for christmas (5 months away Frown ) and get a 500 - 600 pounds DJ or just think about finding a new sport.

be honest with me Frown

thanks

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 16:43 Quote
do what you think is right for you i would personaly wait for christmas though.
edit- i had to save up 8 months for my bike

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 16:44 Quote
man, you only JUST started out! you can get better until you get a new bike too, and in what youve learned in 3 months, your on your way to gettin to be alot better rider! tup just keep it goin and garunteed youll get better

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 16:47 Quote
I rode crap parts for 2 years. I don't ride to get the latest parts or be the best, I ride because I enjoy riding. If I was in your shoes, I would carry on.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 16:54 Quote
i wouldnt ride with the best parts or for glory , its just the bike i use now , kills itself every time i go to the jumps , ill take your advise and wait til christmas and buy a second hand Dh / Dj bike from here

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
keep riding for sure, i started out on such a bad bike. then when i realized i loved this sport i started to save and about a year later a bought a little better bike for areound 500 dollars, i rode that till i got to the point that i was riding hard enough to brake that bike and i had been saving the whole time so i got a better bike. as you progress star saving money and get better bikes. but no matter what just have fun riding and make do with what you have till you can get something a little better. hope you can get a better bike but dont stop riding due to your bike

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
theres a kid who sucks at jumps who comes to my jumps quite often. he tries and tries, but can never quite do it. Hes got TONS of heart, and he has not earned my respect by the amount of skill he portaits, however the amount of desire he shows.

But we all start from somewhere, i took me 200 dollar raleigh to the jumps everyday for hours on end untill i got better. then finally, i spent all my money i had been saving over the years and baught a bighit, then a manik.. then my faith, and soon a sx trail.

i could dish out my entire life on bikes and be broke, or ride what i have an be satisifed, i just like occaisionally trying somthing new. Beyond that, most things i buy are used, for good reasons too. for example, a pike, you can get one here for like 400 dollars.MSRP is about 800. but used parts, and eventually develop your skills, untill a part is pushed to its limits and is upgraded before damage is done. trust me, if you keep with it, you will love it.

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 8:21 Quote
stick with it dude
you wont regret it!
when you get the bug nothing can stop ya

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 at 8:34 Quote
dude never quit... riding is the best... just keep saving man... you will get yourself a decent bike.. mow grass.. damn good job... rake leaves... people pay out the ass to have people do that... its such a chore

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
keep on riding if you cant afford a bike save up or check out buysell there are some really nice bikes for a great price and r in good condition

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
Keep riding man,

I started riding again 2 months ago after a nice ankle injury, I was too cheap to buy anything, so i went to Canadian tire (Big store, Sells alot of shit) and bought a raleigh serengeti for 260$. i still ride it for shits and giggles, But on that POS I learned alot of things. Now I'm building up a kona stab with some nice goodies and It shall be beast.

Save yer monies, Wait till Christmas, Get some more money, Go to a bike shop and try to haggle a lower price, Or buy a used bike. Both methods work.

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
i literraly did the exact same. only after i SS'd and got better forks

photo

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 19:01 Quote
dude who cares i had a bike like yours my first
year of serious riding and i eventually saved up enough
for a better bike
biking isnt about being the best, fastest, or gutsiest rider
its about having fun and challenging yourself

Posted: Jul 26, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
world-ryder wrote:
As the title says "Is it time for me to quit because im not getting anywhere" because i started well first 3 months of biking i learn't to wheelie , jump 2-4 foot jumps and stay on , clear 4 foot gaps , but i know its nothing good compaired to alot of the riders here , but i just cant afford the bike and parts , im using a saracen vortex le with dm18s , my forks are basicly gonna snap , bent crank and little pressure in brakes ,and well im 15 i can get a good job to pay for everything , so should i wait for christmas (5 months away Frown ) and get a 500 - 600 pounds DJ or just think about finding a new sport.

be honest with me Frown

thanks
trust me, you cant quit biking.
you get ants in your pants to go riding everyday. it took me 1 YEAR of noob riding before i started doing anything! now i can table, xup, whip, 1 hander, and small 1 footers

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010625
Mobile Version of Website