Powered by Outside

New to DH. Are there better choices than others?

PB Forum :: Downhill
New to DH. Are there better choices than others?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 17:54 Quote
I'm looking to get a DH bike for next year and not to sure which company and model to go with. Bang for the buck is more important than just the price.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
Avidmark wrote:
I'm looking to get a DH bike for next year and not to sure which company and model to go with. Bang for the buck is more important than just the price.

So im gonna get pounded on here for doing this... but the Kona Stab Deluxe and a Norco Atomik are good choices... good performance for lil cash.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
Avidmark wrote:

So im gonna get pounded on here for doing this... but the Kona Stab Deluxe and a Norco Atomik are good choices... good performance for lil cash.
if money isnt an issue, go for a new session 88 or sunday, but if you are lower on cash and want a decent bike, look into a used aline or stab, ive personally ridden them all, and they will both last you pretty good. 2 cents

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 20:50 Quote
Avidmark wrote:

Giant Glory.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
Get a Mongoose ECD 3000 amazingly spec'd

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
Avidmark wrote:

Giant Glory.

yeah glorys are sick, i have no idea why i didnt mention them in my list

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
get a commencal they go like thunder

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
This talk of Commencal, Intense, Glory ect.. its all really expensive hes looking for something not that high...

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
Well he said bang for buck so sounds like he'll spend whatever it takes to get the right boke for him.

My buddy has been doing a lot of research, trying out a ton of bikes at shops. He eneded up going with the norco atomik. Great bike.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 22:01 Quote
Yeah I keep hearing about the Atomik. However it's ugly as sin. Kinda looks "Wal-martish." Anybody know how much the Glory is?
I'm not too keen on paying more than $3500

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
If you're choosing your bike based on how it looks over performance, I don't even know what to say to that. You're buying a bike not a car....

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
Avidmark wrote:
Yeah I keep hearing about the Atomik. However it's ugly as sin. Kinda looks "Wal-martish." Anybody know how much the Glory is?
way way way more then 3500 like 5000+ new
check out the mongoose... and whocares what the atomik looks like... u havent even rode it

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 22:09 Quote
Hahaha ok, the Glory's out. What about Devinci Wilson1? I've never heared anything about their quality or performance.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 22:10 Quote
konabikerjohn wrote:
Avidmark wrote:
way way way more then 3500 like 5000+ new
check out the mongoose... and whocares what the atomik looks like... u havent even rode it

Glory 1 is around $2200

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008170
Mobile Version of Website