Ankle protection ? HELP please !?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Ankle protection ? HELP please !?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
right well i seem to have a weak left ankle as i always roll over on it with hurts like **** and puts me out of riding for a week or 2 !
so i am just wondering if anyone else has this problem(or something similar) and if they use and sort of ankle protection/guard ?
i have just ordered 1 of these :
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Original/1959.jpgwith the idea that it will help me stop f*cking my ankle up Smile
any thought's on weather this will help ? or other ways of stoping my ankle folding over ?
any help will be much appreciated Smile ?

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:00 Quote
nutty247 wrote:
anyone ?

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:05 Quote
get a run of the mill bandage, and wrap it round your ankle really tight, should help sort you out!

I used to always be going over on my ankles ( sailing not mtb) but after doing ^^ for a while, have stopped and am sorted!

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
my bud uses two of em.. both his ankles are bad... that should do you good man

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:08 Quote
thecorporatemachine wrote:
get a run of the mill bandage, and wrap it round your ankle really tight, should help sort you out!

I used to always be going over on my ankles ( sailing not mtb) but after doing ^^ for a while, have stopped and am sorted!
thanks for the info !!
will it stop me like rolling to the side on my ankle (bandage)??
coz i keep doing it and it swells up loads then the bruzeing comes out Frown so im off riding for like 1week Frown

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:08 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
my bud uses two of em.. both his ankles are bad... that should do you good man
2 of the 661 race brace pro's ????

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
nutty247 wrote:

thanks for the info !!
coz i keep doing it and it swells up loads then the bruzeing comes out Frown so im off riding for like 1week Frown

yeah, helps a good bit with not going over on the ankles, ut also helps a hell of a lot with the swelling up and pain!

another plus, much cheaper than any 661 gear you will find!

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:12 Quote
nutty247 wrote:

thanks for the info !!

yeah, helps a good bit with not going over on the ankles, ut also helps a hell of a lot with the swelling up and pain!

another plus, much cheaper than any 661 gear you will find!
yer i suspose but my mum and dad will buy protection stuff for me so thats all ok (i only usually wear a helmet) so they ordered 1 of the 661 race brace pro's Big Grin

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
the best thing to do, use the 661 gear, then when not riding, use bandages ( or for anything when not a high stress load on your ankles)

it does help a good bit!

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
the best thing to do, use the 661 gear, then when not riding, use bandages ( or for anything when not a high stress load on your ankles)

it does help a good bit!
yer i will do Smile
i only need one though coz my right ankle seems fine :S
and do you reckon its worth the extra for the race brace pro ? instead of the normal race brace ? (to that norco dude and the corporatemachine)

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:21 Quote
depends how bad your ankle is and how often you go over on it, if very bad then go for the pro as will give more support ( at least i guess it does)

but yeah, at the end of the day, it depends how bad your ankle is!

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:23 Quote
yer thats the basis i went off as the pro should be the best lol and its just pissing me off coz like when i bail and just jump off and land on my feet (like a jump off a ledge or someting my ankle just flops to the side :S so im hoping this will just stiffen it up then it will hopefully get stronger over time ?

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
well, if you have the chance, ride xc bit or on the road ( esp on hills to help build muscle in your ankles/calfs , that kind of thing.

try warming your ankles up before riding ( like just rotating your feet around in circles to losen the tendons etc etc.

after a while it should help to sort your problem out!

*not medical advice, do not take this as gospel, it worked for me.

Good luck on getting sorted out, 1 thing, try to lay off the dh/dj/fr/street for a while!!

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
yer i starded riding my heavy fr bike on the road twice aday or 3times a day Big Grin
i can lay off my street bike for a while lol
its impossible Frown i will be on it as soon as my ankle brace is here lol

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011464
Mobile Version of Website