Bike Check!!!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Bike Check!!!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 18:06 Quote
Alright, got my parts on! (except rear tire and pedals, they'll be on tommorrow)

photo

photo

photo

Specs...

Bars: Shadow Conspiracy 11b
Grips: Shadow Conspiracy Finger Bangers
Barends: Animal

Brakes: Tektro
Brake Cable: Oddysey
Brake Lever: Tektro 77

Forks: Shadow Conspiracy 035 Lite
Headset: forgot...

Tires: KHE Dirt
Rims: Alienation Black Sheep
Hubs: Stock
Spokes: Stock
Tubes: Dans Schrader

Frame: Fit Team Trail
Stem: Fit Down Low Regular
Pegs: Shadow Conspiracy Little Ones

Cranks: Demolition Medial 2.0
Pedals: Wellgo MG-4 Magnesium
Bottom Bracket: Stock

Seat: Duo Rogue Status
Seat Post: Shadow Conspiracy Umbra Pivitol

Weight: 23.9 Pounds without Pegs (going brakeless soon so it will be 23)

Comments and Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Zach

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 19:00 Quote
nice bike but u can realy tell u dont ride it

we all know ur seats not high for barspins its just to sit down on thats why ur bars are titled forward and ur brake lever is in a position that only works when sitting down.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
bars are chicagoed

brake lever is too high

other than that pretty sick build, and who gives a f*ck if his seats that high maybe some people like to pedal without standing up all the time.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
jeremyhepworth wrote:
bars are chicagoed

brake lever is too high

other than that pretty sick build, and who gives a f*ck if his seats that high maybe some people like to pedal without standing up all the time.

you ride a mtb... and man ive seen people pedal bmxs with the seat slammed. its ridiculous. btw thats a pretty sick build man.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
jeremyhepworth wrote:
bars are chicagoed

brake lever is too high

its kind of a sigh thats like hey! look what moomy bought me

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
pedalpusher01 wrote:
jeremyhepworth wrote:
bars are chicagoed

brake lever is too high

you ride a mtb... and man ive seen people pedal bmxs with the seat slammed. its ridiculous. btw thats a pretty sick build man.

k,maybe if there a midget.. but seriosuly,its not comfortable pedaling with a slammed seat on a bmx..,i cant even pedal sitting down on my mtb..

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
jeremyhepworth wrote:
pedalpusher01 wrote:
jeremyhepworth wrote:
bars are chicagoed

brake lever is too high

k,maybe if there a midget.. but seriosuly,its not comfortable pedaling with a slammed seat on a bmx..,i cant even pedal sitting down on my mtb..
its all in the knees haha i can only bend mine like 130 degrees maybe.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:

we all know ur seats not high for barspins its just to sit down on thats why ur bars are titled forward and ur brake lever is in a position that only works when sitting down.
The seat is that high for three reasons; Im learning barspins on flat and Ive almost got them dialed, that seat post looks cooler when you can see it, and plus I ride alot of long commutes on it and and I don't like to stand the whole time.

The brake lever is like that because I don't even use my brakes I just slapped it on the new bars as quick as possible. The brakes are coming off in the next few days.

As for the bars Ive always ridden them like that, check my pics of the bike before these parts, it just seems more comfortable. But now that I no it's not as easy for barspins like that I'll adjust em tommorrow. Thanks guys!

PS. The bike doesn't look ridden and dirty because I just washed everything for 45 minutes and put stickers over major scratches and dents today.

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
TheBigTuna14 wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:

The seat is that high for three reasons; Im learning barspins on flat and Ive almost got them dialed, that seat post looks cooler when you can see it, and plus I ride alot of long commutes on it and and I don't like to stand the whole time.

The brake lever is like that because I don't even use my brakes I just slapped it on the new bars as quick as possible. The brakes are coming off in the next few days.

As for the bars Ive always ridden them like that, check my pics of the bike before these parts, it just seems more comfortable. But now that I no it's not as easy for barspins like that I'll adjust em tommorrow. Thanks guys!

PS. The bike doesn't look ridden and dirty because I just washed everything for 45 minutes and put stickers over major scratches and dents today.

sorry man my bad now that u explain makes it clearer, its just one of those pink bike stereo types

Posted: Aug 13, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
No problem. But thanks for the help dude, maybe now I can get barspins down.

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 8:58 Quote
TheBigTuna14 wrote:
No problem. But thanks for the help dude, maybe now I can get barspins down.

wouldn't riding with no brakes be bad for biking from here to there?...

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 9:25 Quote
Odd choice of riding shoes.

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 9:31 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
I was litterally just typing that then refreshed the page and someone else posted before me... Frown

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 10:54 Quote
kyle7 wrote:
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
I was litterally just typing that then refreshed the page and someone else posted before me... Frown
I was thinking the same thing.

TheBigTuna14, maybe consider buying some decent skate shoes for riding. They'll grip much better, have better ankle and heel protection and will be much more comfortable.

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 12:20 Quote
haha the very first comment made me lol.... but your bike looks like a good build

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014254
Mobile Version of Website