PB Forum :: Beginners
how do i bunny hop
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
or whatever its called

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
JooshMaan wrote:
or whatever its called
All you have to do is use the forum search...

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
gregarious wrote:
JooshMaan wrote:
or whatever its called
All you have to do is use the forum search...
wow, way to help him. If he doesn't even know how to bunnyhop he's probably new to biking and to pinkbike, so he wouldn't know better than to make a new thread. And the easiest way to bunnyhop is to lift up your front wheel, push the bars forward and bring your legs up towards your body. If you do it correctly this should get both wheels into the air.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=2285&pagenum=1#commentid19308

here budday, i hope this helps, i didnt skim it over but i assume there should be SOME useful info somewhere in there. enjoi!Smile and good luck

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 22:11 Quote
i learnt by going out and practitcing not asking people on the net, the more you ride the more youll understand. pull back then up

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
Back wheel then push forwards. a J-hop

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 6:53 Quote
pull up and push foward by jumping off ur pedals a little. in my neighborhood there are gutters so i practiced off thoseewhen i was learning.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 10:29 Quote
way2fast wrote:
pull up and push foward by jumping off ur pedals a little. in my neighborhood there are gutters so i practiced off thoseewhen i was learning.

And up them after you've learned.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 10:42 Quote
First you pull backwards on your bars, bringing your weight to the rear wheel, then you pull the bars upwards, and then forwards again, pushing the nose down towards the ground.

At about the same time as you start pushing forwards, pull your feet backwards and tuck your legs up into your body.

The idea is to pivot the bike back onto the rear wheel, raising the centre of mass, and then pivoting the bike around the centre of mass so the wheels are level again.

FL
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 10:46 Quote
3lfd3wd wrote:
First you pull backwards on your bars, bringing your weight to the rear wheel, then you pull the bars upwards, and then forwards again, pushing the nose down towards the ground.

At about the same time as you start pushing forwards, pull your feet backwards and tuck your legs up into your body.

The idea is to pivot the bike back onto the rear wheel, raising the centre of mass, and then pivoting the bike around the centre of mass so the wheels are level again.

absolutely magnificent explanation. well done, sir!

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 10:47 Quote
Thanks Everyone How Gave Me TipsSmile

FL
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 10:50 Quote
This may help, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL3irY72xxk

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 13:09 Quote
its all in the upper body, your feet just go along for the ride. lift up ur bars using ur arms and push them away from you when the front end is at the highest point.

Posted: Sep 21, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
what you are going to want to do is go out in youre drive way or just on the road in front of youre house.go fairly slow and stop peddling and pull up by leaning back and pulling with you're arms and as youre reaching youre highest point of youre papa wheelie. use youre shoulders and arms push the bike away. and practice practice practice. after you can start getting youre back tire off the ground a little bit you can try just hopping little things and even if you dont make it you wont crash but you still will be working on youire skills

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.128182
Mobile Version of Website