Powered by Outside

Marzocchi Vs Rock shox

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Marzocchi Vs Rock shox
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
Right i was having a conversation today that kind of led into and argument between what are better rock shox or marzochhi.
so this i what i am asking....
In the set of 3 argyles
and the set of 3 dirt jumpers (not including the dj4's coz there shite!)
You would think that the comparrison would be like this
Rock shox - Marzocchi
309's - dj3's
318's - dj2's
409's - dj1's

Right?

well i dont think so (or me and ben dont) because lets take 409's for example why should they be compared to dj1's because they are like £100 more bar about a tenner so obviously they will be better because there is £100's worth of better things in it but iv Marzocchi put and extra £100's worth into there forks then i think they would be better. (if you see where im coming from???)

So i think that the reason that Marzocchi are probs more popular for dirt jumping is that people would think that there is not £100 quids worth of better things in the 409's forks compared to dj1's for sure a little difference.

So the dj1's should be compared to the 318's because there about the same price and in this case the dj1's are better!

What do you think am i right? if you get what i mean? please comment!

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:04 Quote
You could have put cock shox and the 08 marzocchis seem to fail a lot and the rock shox seem fairly reliable this time round.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:07 Quote
muzzler wrote:
You could have put cock shox and the 08 marzocchis seem to fail a lot and the rock shox seem fairly reliable this time round.
Yeah that is true but i am looking at the overall Marzochhi and rock shox!

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
mmm Not to sure tbh, the reliability stakes go to rock shox out of the two for 08, we can see what happens in 09, il stick wih fox though.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
muzzler wrote:
mmm Not to sure tbh, the reliability stakes go to rock shox out of the two for 08, we can see what happens in 09, il stick wih fox though.
lol yup do fox is way up compared to the both i will give you that

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
Thanks man, i have 09 internals on my 36 and i run a 32 on my hardtail, cant beat them.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:16 Quote
muzzler wrote:
Thanks man, i have 09 internals on my 36 and i run a 32 on my hardtail, cant beat them.
are they are bit hevey o ya p1 and how did you buy just the p1 frame???

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:17 Quote
The fox are the loghtest forks my 36 are 5 pounds and my 32 are 3.5 pounds. Got the frame of specialized

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:18 Quote
muzzler wrote:
The fox are the loghtest forks my 36 are 5 pounds and my 32 are 3.5 pounds. Got the frame of specialized
Sweet how much you pay fr ya frame?

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
I got it for £150

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 5:20 Quote
ye man , i think either go for a set of fox if u can afford them lol , but go for the 318 rockers cuz i have a set of 302 on my hardtail and they r the nicest things ever , marzocchi have let them self down since the 08 sets , i had the 08 dj3's and i sold them in the first month lol, but ye rock shox has the vote in this forum!

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 5:35 Quote
chickenlegs wrote:
ye man , i think either go for a set of fox if u can afford them lol , but go for the 318 rockers cuz i have a set of 302 on my hardtail and they r the nicest things ever , marzocchi have let them self down since the 08 sets , i had the 08 dj3's and i sold them in the first month lol, but ye rock shox has the vote in this forum!
yeah true but look wha ive put! the rock shox can not be compared to the marzocchis because there a lot more in the price range so the dj1's should be compared to the 318's because there about the same price and in that case the dj1's are better!

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 5:51 Quote
Well I currently own a Marzocchi DJ3, and a Rock Shox Tora 289. I have also owned many Marzocchi's, In fact, I've never ridden anything but Marzocchi until I got a Tora 289. My opinion is that Rock Shox blows Marzocchi out of the competition. Words cannot explain how much I hate Marzocchi now, I'll never buy it again. The Tora can be set to be super plush, with amazing small bump reaction, but I have yet to bottom it, even off of a trail gap with the roughest landing I've ever landed on. Any Marzocchi I have owned, bottomed within the week.

RockShox are better.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 10:46 Quote
ive got marzocchi dj1 nd rockshox 319 nd i prefer marzocchi

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 10:56 Quote
marazochi sucks all the forks ive owned by them have snapped or cracked and hitting a jump is not considered freeride so they wont replace my forks

and they have some plastic internals rockshox has none

and by the way my oldest fork is a rockshox boxxer 03 and it still runs like new the only think thats gonna take it out is my cable rubbing untill it cuts the fork in half

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009704
Mobile Version of Website