Powered by Outside

14 year old kid and family screwing me over (Problem resolved pg 28)

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
14 year old kid and family screwing me over (Problem resolved pg 28)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 19:01 Quote
(This is kind of long)

In mid June I sold my switch frame to my friend so I could buy another frame, I wanted more of a downhill bike and i was set on buying a Cove Shocker. All This summer I worked my ass off at a rafting and kayaking company teaching lessons almost nonstop to save up for a Shocker frame and fork. I bought a boxxer team and was now searching for the frame.

I came across an add on PB of a 2006 Shocker that was in good condition, the add said he was selling the frame with a Roco WC or a Fox DHX 5.0 and I was stoked. I talked to him and convinced him to throw in the saint cranks and wheels for just a little bit extra and he agreed to do so, "if i came threw with the deal cause lots of people haven't, lol." Im only 17 and don't have paypal account because I lack the credit card aspect and my parents refuse to get any sort of credit card. He asked me to send a cashiers check to him and so I did, all my money for this bike was now gone.

Three days later the I got a a package and opened it up and lifted out a completely bare frame, no shock, no cranks, no axle, and no wheels. I was freaking out. I finally got a hold of him four days later by calling his house nonstop and he told me he sent it out a couple days after the frame. Five more days went by and nothing, I called him and he said that ups sent it back and he sent it out again, five more days and nothing. I called his house every 15 minutes from there on and got a hold of him, he said that he sent it out that day so i should get it soon. I didn't get anything from him in three weeks, so I just kept calling and finally got a hold of his dad. Apparently this kid is only 14 and his dad had no idea what was going on so I filled him in. He did his best to help me out and sent me all the stuff the next day and was pissed off with his son. I got another package and here is what came: a rear axle (covered in toothpaste and bent to hell) the wheels, the cranks and a fox vanilla that was not even the right size.

I call them again and talked to the mom now, i didn't care to mush about the axle and just wanted the rear shock. Well the 14 year olds friend took the shock and they couldn't get it so they offered me some money. I told them to try and get the shock and a week later they told me that they could get it so I just told them to send me that.

From today I haven't been able to get a hold of them for 2 weeks and I've been calling the house 5 times a day leaving messages to call me back. My family doesn't have much money and I don't have a job until winter starts, so I rally have no way to buy another shock. Any money that I get goes towards my AP classes and tests and cant get a job because I am really focused on school and getting these college credits to save my family a lot of money. All i wanted to do this summer was ride my new bike and race at Hood, but that never happened. I don't know what to do

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
that really rough I would find that 14 year old and give him a piece of me

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
thats really f*cked up, sorry to hear man. i would help you out but unless you want the shock of a POS supercycle hooligan, no luck

hope you get ahold of them, if anything get a good chunk of money so you can afford a somewhat decent shock

best of luck!

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
I would like to but I have no car to drive up to Washington, I live in Oregon

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
insted buy a plane ticket andknock the shit out his dad and him take the parts you bought and fly back

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
wow.. there is nothing i hate more than scammers honestly i would try and get authority involed..

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
man i know how u feel i bought a bike from this guy in whistler gaint stp the rear hub was broken and said hell get me a new one with a new head sted and lowers for my fork!! i keep calling him and he answers but then hangs up so iv called about 300 times and hangs up so im the same way LOL

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
there isnt alot you can do unfortunately other than learn from your mistakes. next time ship COD then he doesnt get his money until you get your stuff.

also, so you know for next time you dont need a credit card to start a paypal account. All you need is a bank account.

im not really sure what to do, ive been talking to some people and i might just try a small claims court, but I think it would be even more of a hassle and i really dont have money

You have his address and phone number. You should talk to the police about this, see if they could do anything about this.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 19:11 Quote
nathanbalsdon wrote:
there isnt alot you can do unfortunately other than learn from your mistakes. next time ship COD then he doesnt get his money until you get your stuff.

also, so you know for next time you dont need a credit card to start a paypal account. All you need is a bank account.

he lives in the states, cant do COD.

but yeah, just a bank card for paypal.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 19:11 Quote
wats his pinkbike user if we all comment on his bord he might fell bad and send the parts?!?!?

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
He lives in Bellingham Washington and I live in Ashland OR

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008840
Mobile Version of Website