Powered by Outside

Jumping 18 stairs

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Jumping 18 stairs
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
4-8m drop offs, what the best set up? I need a rig for this as I come from a different back ground to the mtb game. Any idea's would be much loved. Cheers

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 13:09 Quote
ive seen 18 stairs being done on bmx's to big travel freeride rigs, if your landing flat to concrete though id consider thats its going to be very abusive on your bike, a full face and armour wouldnt go amiss either

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
For those kinds of drops (if you're landing on flat) you need to take a few precautions. Firstly, as mentioned, wear a full face helmet and full armour.

A long travel (200mm+) DH rig would be needed for this type of riding, with some strong rims and a stiff suspension setup. I saw a guy who jumped a lot of stairs with his BMX and his rim exploded upon landing - and I can tell you it wasn't pretty at all.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
i saw that too, his face was mangled

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 14:33 Quote
I kow that was horrible. Mind my language but he bit off his fing lower lip. For that to happaen t must have been one hell of an impact.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 14:34 Quote
that video you guys are talking about is EPIC!!! tup

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 14:37 Quote
And for those of you who dont know what video we're talking about, here it is!

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 14:37 Quote
Sorry to be off topic but heres da vid

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
Oops that didnt work, ill try it again:

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
that's a 24 set too. 18 sets can be done on bmx.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 15:26 Quote
I saw a vid a while back of a BMXer dropping off a roof to flat and snapping his cranks. Wear a cricket box.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
elfreeridefreako wrote:
whats wrong with you thats horrible not epic tou fool

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
poozank wrote:
elfreeridefreako wrote:
dude come on you cant feel sorry for somebody who was dumb enough to try such a massive drop to flat on a bmx bike. like what reasoning do you have to support his decision to do something like that and actually think it would work out just fine?

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:04 Quote
elfreeridefreako wrote:
poozank wrote:
elfreeridefreako wrote:
dude come on you cant feel sorry for somebody who was dumb enough to try such a massive drop to flat on a bmx bike. like what reasoning do you have to support his decision to do something like that and actually think it would work out just fine?
it was dumb yea but it wasnt epic

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
i've done a 14 stair on my 7point right after i got my 888's put on, so i had to test them. i did it was a helmet, not a full face, and no other pads. i blew out my rear tire on landing, and flat spotted my rear rim super bad, but that was because of poor shock set up/tire inflation.

i say, get the balls for it and just huck. AND get it on film

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010265
Mobile Version of Website