Powered by Outside

Transition TOP vs Blk Mrkt Riot

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Transition TOP vs Blk Mrkt Riot
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 9:07 Quote
so ive been looking into buying a DJ/urban bike. im sure a lot of you saw my transition trail-or-park thread. i was just curious, is the blk mrkt riot a nice bike too? which do you guys find more compfortable and better for dirt or street? who rides these and what problems, if any, have you had?

im still really interested in the trail-or-park but im keeping my options open. the bike store didnt have the right size in these bikes. they had a large TOP and a small blk mrkt three57 at the time so i couldnt really get a good feel, im getting a medium frame with a top tube of 22" or 22.5". i was told the three57 is about the same as the mob and riot. just want to make sure i get the right thing so all info is appreciated.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 9:18 Quote
um yeah both those bikes are good choices but i think i would get a top. you could also look into a dobermann pinscher, they are well made and are very good. hope this helps.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
i know 2 people with Riots, and i must say, their amazing bikes.
I Think the best buy would probably be the riot, there light and good for both park and dirtjumping.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
ok say i get the riot and an argyle 318. thats about $800. here are some parts i already have...

-raceface evolve crankset
-avid bb7's
-rhyno lyte wheels w/ shimano hubs (not sure if i should/can use these)

i would still need (correct me if im wrong)...

-stem
-bars
-levers
-seat and post
-single speed kit

what would you guys recommend? and about how much would i be looking to spend? i will check out some build threads but any help is appreciated. thanks.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
you'll probably be spending close to 11 hundred, maybe not even that.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
Have you thought of the NS suburban
thats a good bike too

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
Hey since were talking about riots, i was wondering if my bb would fit on a riot. Ive got an 07 norco 125, with hussefelt cranks. Im not sure what size the bb is cause im a noob lol. Im not tryin to thread jack either just a quick question

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
its cool. when they answer your question, maybe they can answer mine too.

does a raceface evolve crankset/bb fit a riot?

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
photo

look at that beautiful baby.
would you rather conform and get a blkmrkt?
or be a total badass and customize a top?
please dont overkill whatever you get with DEITY.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 22:54 Quote
Freezhsneekerz wrote:
I Think the best buy would probably be the riot, there light and good for both park and dirtjumping.
umm... wellthe top is lighter than the riot. but both are good frames. one thing you'll have to worry about is u will probably need to get a new crankset since the TOP has a spanish bb. but i peronly like the TOP better cause i own one and i think they look cleaner than the riot because of the integrated seat clamp. and by the way it rides really nice.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:02 Quote
bblades05 wrote:
Freezhsneekerz wrote:
umm... wellthe top is lighter than the riot. but both are good frames. one thing you'll have to worry about is u will probably need to get a new crankset since the TOP has a spanish bb. but i peronly like the TOP better cause i own one and i think they look cleaner than the riot because of the integrated seat clamp. and by the way it rides really nice.
+1billion.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 4:34 Quote
First off the new 08' ToP uses a Spanish bottom bracket. So you have to go with a BMX bb and cranks. The Riot uses a euro bb so you can use your current set-up.

Second the geometries are slightly different. Either one is great for DJ and park riding. You can't go wrong with either.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 8:57 Quote
ok well im prolly gonna start a build thread to figure out what i need for the riot. then ill compare prices and buy the cheaper of the two. a stock TOP or a built Riot. thanks for the help guys.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013496
Mobile Version of Website