Powered by Outside

Fox Float 32 or Fox Float 36?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Fox Float 32 or Fox Float 36?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
So I want to build up a Black Market Riot and I'm having difficulty choosing between the Float 32 RL and the Float 36 RL. Do you think I would really need the 20mm axle for DJ/Street? Money is also a small issue, I could save about $200 if I purchase the 32 over the 36, but I don't know how strong it will be compared to the 36. I think it should be fine, but just wondering about what all of your thoughts are.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
Bump Bump Bumpity Bump

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
How much do you weigh, how rough are you on parts, and how much flex can you tolerate?

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
How much do you weigh, how rough are you on parts, and how much flex can you tolerate?

I weigh about 145lbs, I'm not real rough on parts, I don't do super big tricks; and I think flex won't be too much of a problem..... as long as its not ridiculously noticeable... I'm running a Pike 454 on my current DJ bike.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
Youll be saving $$ by getting the 36 then, as you wont need a new wheel.

For your weight Id usually suggest a 32, but WHY would you get rid of the pike to get a Fox?

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:

For your weight Id usually suggest a 32, but WHY would you get rid of the pike to get a Fox?

cuz fox's are amazing
well if you get a 32 youll need a new hub/wheel so id say go for the 36 it looks better too Big Grin
not to say 32's are bad theyre amazing too but you really wont save much if you get the 32 so get 36's

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
SICK-biker wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

cuz fox's are amazing
well if you get a 32 youll need a new hub/wheel so id say go for the 36 it looks better too Big Grin
not to say 32's are bad theyre amazing too but you really wont save much if you get the 32 so get 36's

and anyone know if its possible to lower a 2007 fox 32 vanilla??

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 20:01 Quote
i have a lowered float 32 on my bike and its super smooth at the skate park and its strong to and its makes it stronger when you lower it to

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
abcolby15 wrote:
i have a lowered float 32 on my bike and its super smooth at the skate park and its strong to and its makes it stronger when you lower it to

what about a vanilla can it be lowered?

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
SICK-biker wrote:
abcolby15 wrote:

what about a vanilla can it be lowered?
1) USE SEARCH

2) dont thread-jack. This is about 32 vs 36, not lowering vans.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
SICK-biker wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

cuz fox's are amazing

...back on topic my bad

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 20:27 Quote
Oh, I said I was building a new bike. I'm trying to sell my current bike so I'll have completely different wheels.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
planetxbiker wrote:
Oh, I said I was building a new bike. I'm trying to sell my current bike so I'll have completely different wheels.

ok well then go for the 32, it will be strong once its lowered cuz of the overlap,

36 just looks kooler

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
SICK-biker wrote:
planetxbiker wrote:

ok well then go for the 32, it will be strong once its lowered cuz of the overlap,

36 just looks kooler

Yea, I'm trying to make my build around 26lbs so the 32 should save a few pounds over the 36

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
yes u can lower a vanilla. yeah just go for the 32. u'll save weight and money. plus i think they look cleaner on the blk market.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011122
Mobile Version of Website