Powered by Outside

KHS Bikes?

PB Forum :: KHS
KHS Bikes?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
Hi, im just starting out in dirtjumping and i was wondering if KHS was any good for a starter bike? In specific the 2005 KHS Dj200 model. Thanks!

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
Stoyka wrote:
Hi, im just starting out in dirtjumping and i was wondering if KHS was any good for a starter bike? In specific the 2005 KHS Dj200 model. Thanks!

dont get it, it only accept 24" wheels and u will regret that later on

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
khs sucks

look into a better used dj bike, even a hardrock will do you good, but the components willgive out after a year or two

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 21:43 Quote
me2menow wrote:
khs sucks

look into a better used dj bike, even a hardrock will do you good, but the components willgive out after a year or two

all there bikes dont look good in my opinion only the dj300, dj200 dh200 and lucky 7 look good in the 08 year

Posted: Oct 21, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
i had a '05 dj 200 for a while. i'd say it's a pretty great starter bike. the specs aren't world class but for the price i doubt you could beat it. (i got mine for like $400 new.) and you CAN replace the stock 24" rear wheel w/ a 26, i did on mine.

khs isn't a brand all the bike snobs on pinkebike are gonna rave about but they make decent bikes... Melissa Buhl rides one and has a sweet rainbow jersey...

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:36 Quote
Ok great thanks for the info, ill cross off KHS from my list. I like the way you spelled out KHS, that is just great! XD

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
K well I am currently riding the lucky 7 and I the the absoulut f*ck out of it in whistler, bromont and tremblant and i have never encountered one problem, although i replaced the fox van for a dhx 5.0 because well van wasnt cutting it for me with my riding. KHS dont look good but they actually are

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
The only major problem i have right now is that in Winnipeg there isnt alot of option for different makes of bikes and really all there is, is Giant, KHS, Norco or Kona. I only have about a thousand bucks to throw at a bike so Konas are a bit more then a thousand ish. I actually rode a 2008 Kona Stuff and i really didnt like it, it was heavy and weighed more then my piece o crap mongoose bike. I do like the Norco ryde even though it is a bit more then a thousand.

Posted: Oct 22, 2008 at 13:51 Quote
I have a built up DJ300 and it is a damn good DJ/trail rig. KHS stands for: knowledge, health, and safety.

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
I ride a khs lucky 7! I love it.
When people say that a bike sucks, most of the time these people are being ignorant.
1. They probably never seen the bike in person.
2. They probably never even ridden one.
3. They judge from an image they see on the internet.
4. They say the bike sucks because someone else said it.
5. They do judge a book by its cover.

Dont listen to what retard kids say on pinkbike.
Inform yourself. Some websites offer great reviews for various bike / makers.
Find people who have ridden khs and ask for their opinion.

I personnaly love my khs. Never had any problems with it. Its a great bike company and they have a great warrenty.

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
i tried out a KHS 604, they're not really that great bikes.

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 21:18 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
When people say that a bike sucks, most of the time these people are being ignorant.

I personnaly love my khs. Never had any problems with it. Its a great bike company and they have a great warrenty.
mtbr.com

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 21:32 Quote
theyre good bikes my shop sells them and you can get a brand new singlespeed dj/street bike decently built for cheap, we have the dj100 or dj50 not sure which one for $400 as an end of the year deal its pretty nice, the fork isnt the best but pretty much upgrade the fork once your better and your set, has all truvativ components if i recall correctly dh stem and bars, ruktion crank and yeah. you should deffinately check them out

edit: its the sj100

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:

QFT. KHS's have been getting glowing reviews recently, especially the 7

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011116
Mobile Version of Website