Features for a freeride park

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Features for a freeride park
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
I have spent the last while trying to create a 3d model of a freeride park in Orleans Ontario, but I have come to halt on ideas. If anyone has any ideas to improve on this park they would be greatly appreciated, keeping in mind this would be for Ontario and must be beginner-compatible.
photo

If anyone has google sketchup and would like to view the 3d model let me know and I can email it. Keep in mind this has taken about 3 hours of work.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 19:00 Quote
That's pretty sweet. I wanted google sketchup but I can't be "phased" to do it because everything always takes effort of which I have little.

Anyhow, that's pretty dece. Maybe a crazy berm with a sharp turn and then a massive step up, and then continue? I think a massive step up definitely suits this course. Massive.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 19:01 Quote
Any ideas though? I need to finish off the advanced line before I start the beginner section.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 19:02 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
Any ideas though? I need to finish off the advanced line before I start the beginner section.
Edited in.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
Dude...you rock in the computer...nice sketch...I think it looks good, I'm doing something similar here in Costa Rica, but more like nature style, "fixing" fallen logs and making the trails and jumps...

I will think on it and let you know something else you could get in there...top of my head will be a Wall Ride....somewhere....

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
Definitly support your idea bro. Can you email me the sketch and i'll add to it and post on here after.

rds_skater01@hotmail.com

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
a "Balance log"...that will fall into either the "half pipe" or the next jump there....

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
Thanks man. It's just a matter of time. I would do a massive step up, but this is going to be in Ontario. There won't be a hill or anything to land on, so it would take way too much dirt and labour.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
the log idea is sick, I'll add that in next time I work on it.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
UPDATE on the design:
photo

I added some smaller beginner lines, a step up trick jump and a 15 foot log ride. More to come in the future but I'm done for tonight, any comments appreciated.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
can i come to your housE???

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
This is still in the planning stages. We are trying to get something like this built in Orleans. This is just something so we can so people what were aiming for.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
im likeing the dirt jumps but more wooden thing would be nice

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 22:02 Quote
dude thats sooo sick.ya i think a wallride would be really cool. one that you can ride on to like a quarter pipe and be able too launch onto from the side

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.127503
Mobile Version of Website