Powered by Outside

Have you ever crashed into a parked car?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Have you ever crashed into a parked car?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
If you have what did you do.

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
ya i did once, riding with no hands an my eyes closed did it in grade 6, cracked cartilage in my knee took 5 years to fully heal

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
deathsfallen wrote:
ya i did once, riding with no hands an my eyes closed did it in grade 6, cracked cartilage in my knee took 5 years to fully heal
ow crap that sucks my freind hit 40 mph goin down this hella steep hill into a valley on the way up he just randomly slid of the back of the bike and the bike slammed into a car and we knew the person who owned the car! luckily notin happened to car he just cut the hell outa his knee. i ran into a dumpster while i wasnt lookin does that count?

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
one time someone threw their helmet at me then i threw it in the air behind me where i couldnt see then it hit a car and the alarm went off and we all booked cause it was in the persons driveway lol. so what we did was book

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 19:47 Quote
Yes I have.

I was about 10 years old at the time and was racing a friend down the street. Was just givin 'er to beat him and had my head down. Smoked the back of a parked truck.

End result? Concussion, wrecked bike, and a dent in the tailgate of the truck.

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
I haven't, but my wife rode her road bike into the back of a parked SUV about a month ago. $2000+ damage to the SUV, taco'd front wheel on the bike and a scraped knee. She put an oranged-sized dent in the rear quarter panel with her shoulder and didn't get a bruise or anything. She is one burly girlie.

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
a long time ago when i was 3 years old i was riding around the street with my brother (both of us with training wheels on, my brother a year older than me)my dad took his training wheels off... sooo , i thought if he could do it i could do it too, i cried to my dad to take mine off too so he did thinking that i would just fall right away. But to his disbelief I rolled down the Cul-de-sac and started to turn back up the hill, but not knowing how to stop yet proved to be an issue, An old van was parked at the curb, i flew strait into the bumper and fell on the ground. So i started biking by hitting a parked car, lol thats my story.

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 21:36 Quote
i was riding on the sidewalk when some lady in a parked open a door right infront of me and i got ejected off the bike, flew over the door sideways (luckly one of those no-frame windows and the window was down) and faceplanted on some persons front lawn. took a chunk out of the upholstry on the door panel, bike was ok. i think this is why pple say "dont ride ur bike on the sidewalk" lol

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 21:43 Quote
When I was like 8, I rode my bike into a telephone pole 'cause I wasn't paying attention. But just a couple years ago, I borrowed a friends paintball gun and was riding home with it, and for some reason I was looking at the gun instead of where I was going and it smashed into some truck or car or something, smashed my shin on my frame and smashed my knee on the ground and cut my hands up pretty good. I was just glad nobody was out on the street to see it happen.

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 21:44 Quote
haha. Good stories. about 8 years ago, went on a quick ride to the corner store to buy some candy. on the way back I was riding no handed and not paying attention(picking out candy) then ran into the back of a small car. I ended up on the roof of the car. Thankfully there wasn't an alarm The worst part was...I dumped my candy all over the road.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 21:45 Quote
no but my friend hit a parked corvette. One of the funniest things iv ever seen, he was trying to text and ride. Didnt work out 2 well

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 21:51 Quote
haha yeah, i was probaly 13, riding from my house to my friends cause i was staying the night, he was riding with me from my house to his (we live in opposit cul-de-sacs so were on the same street) and i was looking down at my front derailure trying to get it to shift up. and bump! i hit the rear end of this car, caught me totally off guard. I ended up fliping over my handle bars onto the trunk of the car, me and my friend couldnt stop laughing the rest of the night, even to this day we still joke about it.

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
lol i was pushing on my fork's and i smoked a cabin
ROFL

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
i ran into a neighbors truck trying to go no handed back when i was a youngin. hahaha, broke the front wheel, knocked out a tooth, and dented the tailgate of the truck.

our families were close so i think we payed to get the dent popped out.

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 22:09 Quote
Many times, I've hit one riding with my family while I was checking out a Ski-Doo, hit one fooling around, hit one coming out of a park to go to work. Hitting parked cars is like riding a bike, it's way too easy.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010189
Mobile Version of Website