Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

General hardtailers chit chat.....no squishy's please

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
General hardtailers chit chat.....no squishy's please
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 4:05 Quote
ok i live in somerset where there are no real dirt jumpers to be honest
unless you go to bath/glastonbury etc
im in minehead and me and all my mates have rode years but we ride it all on one bike..
i taught myself trials and i can jump with like no footers, kinda tables, no handers etc
but im seeing biking in general progress more so ive bought the p2 and wanting to learn 360's , bar spins, tailwhips etc
how do i do this on my own
build one amazing jump with a mattress
learn on a table or a double or what ??
any advice needed thanks

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 4:15 Quote
p2nightrider2008 wrote:
im in minehead and me and all my mates have rode years but we ride it all on one bike..
i taught myself trials and i can jump with like no footers, kinda tables, no handers etc
but im seeing biking in general progress more so ive bought the p2 and wanting to learn 360's , bar spins, tailwhips etc
any advice needed thanks

Foam pit is your best bet, or a trick jump, steep kicker step up to a wide landing

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 4:22 Quote
the closest foam pit is motion in bristol and thats an hour and a half to get there buy car and costly

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 4:50 Quote
If your town has a skatepark you can allways try practicing tricks out of a quarter onto deck , you get heaps of hang time so you have time to figure out the trick's motion and your landing to flat so you cant crash too hard.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 4:57 Quote
p2nightrider2008 wrote:
any advice needed thanks

same with me! exept not dirt jumping but freeride... but u get the picture... i'm 15 and my rider friends are from 20 to 40, i'm gonna learn a no hander suicide soon Big Grin if i dont crash... :S
try to build ur own foam pit! ya it sounds tough but ask ur dad or friends to help u out!

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 7:47 Quote
yh taunton has a quarter box
thats 20 miles away
sounds cool
we have 5 differant forests
all differant but one has them woods with the soft floor thats flowy to ride
i was thi kin of buildin a massive square..like a quarter but a square with a lip on each bit so u can hip it/gap it/land on top
and it would be sily smooth to learn on

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 8:02 Quote
Can you not go into one of these forests and build your own dirtjumps? Might take a few days and some sweat.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 10:14 Quote
yh we have jumps and that
im wondering whats the best way to teach yourself
i dont wanna ride 3 miles into the woods
try a 360 off a 15 foot gap and semi die

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
p2nightrider2008 wrote:
yh we have jumps and that
im wondering whats the best way to teach yourself
i dont wanna ride 3 miles into the woods
try a 360 off a 15 foot gap and semi die

best way to teach yourself is to just do it!

what are people going to say to make you do it? at the end of the day just try them, if you bail then you bail.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
p2nightrider2008 wrote:
any advice needed thanks

What do you mean there are no real dirtjumpers...

i have never met you!

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 12:48 Quote
well come to taunton i'll take you to my trails, and maybe me and my mate will teach you, you'll only learn by riding more.

I mean the way is you HAVE yo think, i WANT to be able to DO those tricks and progress.

HAVE
WANT
DO

3 steps to learning, i mean yeh you'll fall off, just part of the game.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 12:49 Quote
p2nightrider2008 wrote:
the closest foam pit is motion in bristol and thats an hour and a half to get there buy car and costly

motion doesn't have a foam pit anymore.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 13:11 Quote
Watch vids of people doing the tricks you want to do and watch/read trick tips, it is also worth going down to a skatepark with a foam pit as you can try whatever you want into them, without much risk of getting hurt. Adrenaline alley in corby has a good skateparl with a foam pit and a resi ramp.

If you can't travel much practice tricks from flying out of quarters onto decks, or step ups, anything that pretty much kills your speed when you land but gives you loads of hangtime.

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 10:05 Quote
mattraffnix wrote:
well come to taunton i'll take you to my trails, and maybe me and my mate will teach you, you'll only learn by riding more.

I mean the way is you HAVE yo think, i WANT to be able to DO those tricks and progress.

HAVE
WANT
DO

3 steps to learning, i mean yeh you'll fall off, just part of the game.

alrite man i never meant like shit dirt jumpers
lol
i can jump i just want to progress but there are no riders in minehead willing to do it with me
trust me ive had my fair share of bails
as you will see the scars and clicks and clonks when i meet you
when could i meet you guys to ride
i go to scat on teusdays if you wanna meet up man
could bring my bike in the boot ??

Posted: Nov 10, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
Well I can almost tailwhip thanks to quarterpipes and I learned to 360 just onto the top of a crap table top, I learned nothings, suicides, tucked no handers, x up, 1 footed x ups, 1 footed tables, tables, cans and stuff on a crappy tabe top too, I learned 180s 3 taps, manuals, fakies, barspins, hop manuals, wheelies on the road outside my house, I have rideen now for over 2 and a half years and I have only started to find good places to ride (barring my summer trips) Its all about riding what you can and making what you can and them making the most of what youv got! good luck, no one said it would be easy...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012736
Mobile Version of Website