Need some advice ladies... to a guy with a tempermental gf (that rides)

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Need some advice ladies... to a guy with a tempermental gf (that rides)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
Well! i got myself a gf that rides... i need some help figuring out if there's some way to better encourage the gf during the ride. Often times, that way i try to encourage her she just gets incredibly defensive and pissed off. Im not belittling her or bashing her in any way!
Possible eg.

She cant get up a hill... she gets real mad at herself.
I say calm down because shes needlessly stressing herself out. she tells me to f*ck off.
shes real stubborn and continually tries the hill... i have to wait for her to finish what shes trying or until she gives up. (only on technical uphills or technical downhills)
I try to give advice on how to get up (or down) the hill. then she gets defensive and ignores me(often yelling at me and getting pisse doff some more).

Is there some better way to encourage the female riders??? I try to be patient but it often ends in a stupid fight. I really need to avoid this shit. any advice??

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 13:59 Quote
Stop riding with her?

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
superfly26 wrote:
Stop riding with her?

LOL, thatd be worse
offer sex afterward for a good ride, or theaten none at all if she doesnt

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 14:08 Quote
sounds like you're both taking it too srsly! - its just a hill !!!!

maybe pack some beers, so when you get to the top and have to wait, you can just sit and chill with a few bevviesBeer - that's what I'd do; maybe even pack a little tipple of something she likes and wave it from the top of the hill, might get her goinglol lol lol lol

EDIT: after a few hills, you'd be at her level then!Confused

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 14:10 Quote
try explaining to her that you are not bashing her, you are trying to help her and give her advice on how to be a better rider.
or go on easier trails.

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
Sometimes the guys just don't know how to explain it to girls properly. Instead of trying to correct her form just encourage her and show support when she accomplishes something. She'll ask for help if she wants it. Thats the difference between guys and girls, we know when to ask for help. Correcting her while she's frustrated is only going to have you fixing your sexual frustrations with your right hand.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 20:54 Quote
dude just let her ride if she want your advice shell ask for it

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
curiousdeanne wrote:
Sometimes the guys just don't know how to explain it to girls properly. Instead of trying to correct her form just encourage her and show support when she accomplishes something. She'll ask for help if she wants it. Thats the difference between guys and girls, we know when to ask for help. Correcting her while she's frustrated is only going to have you fixing your sexual frustrations with your right hand.
Left handWink

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
Flatulant-Primate wrote:
curiousdeanne wrote:
Left handWink

You know?Confused

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
Gee i hope not Edit: Ha! i get it. You made a penis joke!

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
she tells me to f_ck off.
Quote]

Haaaa, my wife tells me that all the time, morning wouldnt be the same if I didnt hear thatFab

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
My best friends wife is EXACTLY like this, and Deanne is completely right. Shut up, and just compliment her on line choice WHEN she cleans it. With determination like that she going to get good, just a matter of time.

One thing that gets us all having fun is riding street. We arent street riders by any stretch of the imagination, but all of us doing the same tricks at the same time is fun and it REALLY helps your bike handling skills. Even better if you make an ass of yourself and she gets laughing. No trick makes people loosen up and have fun like the barhump crankflip!

that kind of stuff will help her riding off road incredibly. Dont need a street bike either, just practice stuff over and over!

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
Oh and don't compliment her if she doesn't do something well.... she'll only think you're mocking her and you'll be back to loving your hand again.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
curiousdeanne wrote:
Oh and don't compliment her if she doesn't do something well.... she'll only think you're mocking her and you'll be back to loving your hand again.
Again with the penis jokes

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
curiousdeanne wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHA !

as for the first part your right for sure

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011822
Mobile Version of Website