Make Downhill Mountain Biking an Olympic Sport

PB Forum :: Downhill
Make Downhill Mountain Biking an Olympic Sport
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 0:14 Quote
This is a group for anyone and everyone who agrees that downhill mountain bike racing should be a part of the summer Olympic games. If you are a racer, team member, rider, organizer, sponsor, fan, friend or relative of any of the above, or completely unaffiliated good samaratan, please help us by joining this group. The main goal of this group is to present the International Olympic Committee with over 10,000 group members as a Facebook petition, to demonstrate the interest that the public shows in this sport so that we might become an Olympic sport by the 2016 summer games (location to be announced October 2, 2009). The IOC claims that DH should not be included as an Olympic sport as it requires a venue with a mountain, yet cross country mountain bike racing has been an Olympic sport since the 1996 Atlanta summer games. Could you imagine the winter Olympics with XC skiing but not DH or giant slalom? If we are accepted as an Olympic sport, an added benefit will be that we will also put an end to corporate sponsorship dropouts claiming that we are not worth it as we are not an Olympic sport. Please, help us reach our many attainable goals by joining this group.

Make Downhill Mountain Biking an Olympic Sport By Clicking Here And Joining On This Web Page

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 0:24 Quote
NO!
imagine all the third world countries on huffysJail

baaaaaaaaaaad ideaThumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 0:28 Quote
me2menow wrote:
NO!

they would fail the safety regulations and not be allowed.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 0:28 Quote
me2menow wrote:
NO!

thats just slack, ever heard of sponsorship?
i bet the government would provide sick bikes anyway

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 0:32 Quote
hell yes downhill is still cyling bmx was introduced this year and it went off.
vallerdrome cycling is an olympic sport so is road racing and cross country so why isn't downhillMadder

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 0:37 Quote
yes yes i think it defenitly should be made a olympic sport yes i agree big time

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 0:38 Quote
Just joined the group.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 0:41 Quote
yakrider wrote:
This is a group for anyone and everyone who agrees that downhill mountain bike racing should be a part of the summer Olympic games. If you are a racer, team member, rider, organizer, sponsor, fan, friend or relative of any of the above, or completely unaffiliated good samaratan, please help us by joining this group. The main goal of this group is to present the International Olympic Committee with over 10,000 group members as a Facebook petition, to demonstrate the interest that the public shows in this sport so that we might become an Olympic sport by the 2016 summer games (location to be announced October 2, 2009). The IOC claims that DH should not be included as an Olympic sport as it requires a venue with a mountain, yet cross country mountain bike racing has been an Olympic sport since the 1996 Atlanta summer games. Could you imagine the winter Olympics with XC skiing but not DH or giant slalom? If we are accepted as an Olympic sport, an added benefit will be that we will also put an end to corporate sponsorship dropouts claiming that we are not worth it as we are not an Olympic sport. Please, help us reach our many attainable goals by joining this group.

Make Downhill Mountain Biking an Olympic Sport By Clicking Here And Joining On This Web Page

+1 Beer

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 0:46 Quote
this would also get more trails built!
olympic sport=government suddenly gives a crap

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 1:08 Quote
would be great if they suddenly turn around and decide to put it is the 2012 Olympics then we could properly borrow the fort William track Smile

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 1:37 Quote
yea that would be mean

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 8:28 Quote
olypmics is gay. why do we want to be involved?

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 8:43 Quote
tom-harrison wrote:
olypmics is gay. why do we want to be involved?
if its gay go and win it, olympics is everything haha

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 8:48 Quote
i dont see the attraction. every sport in the olympics is so sanitized and has all the balls sucked out of it. it's all about ceremonies and back slapping. its just a big horrible festival of smug bastards.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009412
Mobile Version of Website