Powered by Outside

Proper vs. Eclat

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Proper vs. Eclat
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
Title says it all.

Proper magnalite 3 cassette or Eclat Teck cassette.

Not sure what to go for, keep in mind that I will probably run pegs.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 19:11 Quote
destri wrote:
Title says it all.

Proper magnalite 3 cassette or Eclat Teck cassette.

Not sure what to go for, keep in mind that I will probably run pegs.
eclat teck cassette since its a branch off wtp should be good and female axles are way stronger than standard axles, so if your going to grind the teck cassette is your friend.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
The eclat is a 3/8s female, so i dont know if its stronger than a 14mm straight axle...
I'd go for the Proper, but i'm sure either would be fine.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
NOTE: Requires 14mm dropouts, but 3/8" pegs. taken off the danscomp site, personally my front female axle has hold up so much better than my macneil rear hub,
non the less proper its a great company and its a great hub my friend owns one it has hold up perfectly fine but he did snap an axle grinding but who hasn't damaged and axle grinding...

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 19:48 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
The eclat is a 3/8s female, so i dont know if its stronger than a 14mm straight axle...

It's tough to say what will be stronger, but I don't really plan on doing heavy grinding. More for the stalls aspect.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
Personally I'd say the eclat one. Has a decent variety of colors, and is lightweight. Sure it's a solid 212$ but it's a solid hub.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
The money difference between the two hubs will not play a factor in my choice. I'm just more worried about the 3/8 bolts bending all the time.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
Both hubs are a good choice. The Eclat is a tiny bit heavier if you are concerned about that. The only bad part is the peg deal.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 20:01 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
you need 3/8 pegs for it but it only fits 14mm sxles.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
destri wrote:
The money difference between the two hubs will not play a factor in my choice. I'm just more worried about the 3/8 bolts bending all the time.
they should last. As i've heard eclat makes some pretty sturdy shit. Just dont cut down the femal bolts whel you do get the hubs. And also it will be pretty flush with the dropoutsBig Grin

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
blah12325 wrote:
drewfunk wrote:

I am well aware that it will only fit 14 mm dropouts. Now the question is how does the strength of 3/8 female compare to 14 mm straight axle.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 20:06 Quote
destri wrote:
i ride 3/8 female axles in my front hub and so does everyone i know i personally love smith grinds and so far holding up great, i still haven't seen anyone snap or bend one of them female axles are the best thing in bmx that's my my next rear wheel its gonna either be a eclat teck cassette or the gsport ratchet.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
destri wrote:
blah12325 wrote:
drewfunk wrote:

I am well aware that it will only fit 14 mm dropouts. Now the question is how does the strength of 3/8 female compare to 14 mm straight axle.
oh ok, sorry:P im thinking yes. i have a friend at a bike shop who has a vandero 2 at the front, bent his odyssey race forks to crazy points and the axles have still held up for him. Hes had em for like a year and no problems. Eclat sponsors crazy riding people like sean burns, and their parts seem to hold up very well for them.
but then again i havent tried or ridden the hub.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
female axles are stronger than straight axles.

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 20:12 Quote
So far I've only heard you guys say stuff about having 3/8 female in the front but absolutely nothing for the rear. You have to remember sponsored riders get stuff for free so they could be trashing a shit load of those bolts and we wouldn't know.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009440
Mobile Version of Website