Powered by Outside

Good SS Tensioner for Vert drop outs?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Good SS Tensioner for Vert drop outs?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
I'm wanting SS for my Mob, can anyone recommmend any effective chain tensioners for vert drop outs?

I couldn't find any threads on this.

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
i've heard good thing about the gusset bachelor i think.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
soulcraft "the convert". the bearings kick ass.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.mtbr.com/channels/mtbreview/images/ssfaq/soulcraftConvert.jpg

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
best is if you can make a home made 1 that goes in between the bb shell and frame it will pull it up works wayyyyyyyyyyy good cause its up out of the way... the dmr 1s r good 2 if your tensionin off the der hanger

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 16:03 Quote
cool, anyidea where to buy the soulcraft in the UK?

anymore?

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
I would not really recomend a dmr sts, as one of the bolts on mine stripped itself out. It was NOT crossthreaded either, I always make sure of that.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
I would not really recomend a dmr sts, as one of the bolts on mine stripped itself out. It was NOT crossthreaded either, I always make sure of that.
some of their stock bolts r shit the axle clamps on my trailblade20 were way f*cked up cause of bad bolts

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
I guess that would be it. I didn't like the tensioner that much anyways, I had to take it off to take off the wheel. And that is a huge pain when you switch from dh to street tires...

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 16:21 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
I guess that would be it. I didn't like the tensioner that much anyways, I had to take it off to take off the wheel. And that is a huge pain when you switch from dh to street tires...
good point i forgot about that that is a pain in the ass

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
My new axiom tensioner seems to work fine, although I have not had it out for a real ride.

My only problem with this oen would be the spring tension. Although it is useful, and lets you run two gears, it makes for quite a bit of chainslap, and I have found this just as riding as a commuter. I need to find some way to tighten the spring.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 16:27 Quote
what kind of spring does it use

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
No idea, never really took it apart. It was a quick fix at the end of last season so I wouldn't have to worry about it before I could ride again next spring.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
this axiom tension sounds good, how does it work with the two gear thing?

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 16:36 Quote
well its just a spring strung tensioner, and it has an adjustable arm at the end of it. Basically it keep tension the same way a deraileur(sp?) does, but only has one gear. You would have to change the gear by hand and ue an allenkey to adjust the arm. Its mostly for those who ride to their trails and may need a riding gear and a climbing gear.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
that sounds like what im needing. how much was it?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010767
Mobile Version of Website