2009 Canada Olympic park

PB Forum :: Canada - West
2009 Canada Olympic park
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 11:10 Quote
They need to step it up this year.

Im hoping to see a trail crew that actually maintains the trails and some upgrades to the trails that are there, Like making better berms, better lips (taking the idea from whistler and having tombstones) So its still kid friendly but not a waste of time for local riders. and a better dh course. It was a HUGE let down this year. Sad truth was Rabbit hill was a better hill than cop.

If cop doesnt step it up and make some decent trails i doubt as many people will come.

It was a bad year last year. and i can say Unless they do something to the park i wont be wasting my money on a seasons pass there. Id rather use the money for gas to whistler.

So what im pretty much trying to do is get people to give their imput about the park.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 14:50 Quote
DH course needs less shitty rock lip jumps more flow and suck the DH wasnt to bad but there are 2 sections that were horrid, as for other trails they need bigger stuff everything got so old so fast also not a single drop on the whole hill!?!?!

Ryan

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
COP is what it is. It's been the same argument for a long time. Moose Mtn is were it's at anyways locally, so perhaps more people do some digging instead of chairlift riding at COP? We'll see what results.

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
the dh trails too rocky. i also think that hip at the beginning is kinda sketchy.

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 16:37 Quote
quinner wrote:
COP is what it is. It's been the same argument for a long time. Moose Mtn is were it's at anyways locally, so perhaps more people do some digging instead of chairlift riding at COP? We'll see what results.

Moose is really fun, My only problem is i dont have transportation, Rarely do i ever have a ride out there and a shuttle to the top

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
moose sucks
i wanna ride smooth big jump trials whwere groms cant ride becuase there gaps that are fun
and good dirt jumps like f*ck they sucked more than a vaCUM

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
More drops and more shore type features maybe not all so fast and "a-liney".

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 9:49 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
quinner wrote:

Moose is really fun, My only problem is i dont have transportation, Rarely do i ever have a ride out there and a shuttle to the top

Kyle, I'll drive you there any time you want

Mod
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 10:04 Quote
COP will always be popular regardless of how much you slag it. It has one main thing going for it, LOCATION! You cannot beat its central location. I mean even from the deep SW, it is still only a 25 minute drive away and it is lift assisted so everyone can ride rather than delegating someone as a shuttle driver or taking turns shuttling. The population at COP is mainly comprised of people under 16 who don’t have parents willing to commute 3 hours to Fernie, Kicking Horse, or Panorama on a daily let alone weekly basis.

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 9:04 Quote
ballaholic wrote:
moose sucks
i wanna ride smooth big jump trials whwere groms cant ride becuase there gaps that are fun

+1

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
manikrider15 wrote:
ballaholic wrote:
moose sucks

+1

Haha was that really just said? Yeah Moose sucks! The gaps aren't very big, none of the trails have any flow, there is no tech anywhere to be found and there are way to many people out there that stand at the lip of jumps(I think you guys call them groms?). Have fun at COP!!

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
i personally think moose is good, but i can see how it sucks if you want smooth jump trails, its more dh out there. Regardless COP is shady and overrun with people but i have had some goods times there.

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
bikeobsessed wrote:
the dh trails too rocky. i also think that hip at the beginning is kinda sketchy.
did you just say what is think you said the hips on the dh course do suck because with the smallest amount of speed you land to flat .
but to rocky? the course is uber groomed if you go to a real mountian there non dh trails make c.o.p's dh look like a road

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 16:46 Quote
gnarkore wrote:

Im hoping to see a trail crew that actually maintains the trails and some upgrades to the trails that are there, Like making better berms, better lips (taking the idea from whistler and having tombstones) So its still kid friendly but not a waste of time for local riders. and a better dh course. It was a HUGE let down this year. Sad truth was Rabbit hill was a better hill than cop.

If cop doesnt step it up and make some decent trails i doubt as many people will come.

It was a bad year last year. and i can say Unless they do something to the park i wont be wasting my money on a seasons pass there. Id rather use the money for gas to whistler.

So what im pretty much trying to do is get people to give their imput about the park.
i was talking to some of the trail crew and its not them they admit it sucks its the head of the trail crew the big man up top all the ideas have to go through him first and personally i think he is the fat cross country dork wearing the bowcycle shirt who rides through the weaslehead and gets pissed at kids calling jumps ugly and calling the cops

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 19:37 Quote
freeride5 wrote:
gnarkore wrote:

i was talking to some of the trail crew and its not them they admit it sucks its the head of the trail crew the big man up top all the ideas have to go through him first and personally i think he is the fat cross country dork wearing the bowcycle shirt who rides through the weaslehead and gets pissed at kids calling jumps ugly and calling the cops

actually he doesnt mtb or bike in general

hes a skater

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012895
Mobile Version of Website