Looking for some one to trail ride with in Calgary, snow, cold, rain or sun!

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Looking for some one to trail ride with in Calgary, snow, cold, rain or sun!
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 14:42 Quote
Hey guys

Looking for some people to ride with in the Calgary area, fish creek, edwothy, weasel head, nose hill etc.

Heres the deal, looking for some riding friends who can brave the cold, snow and what ever else winter/spring has in store.

Any one interested or if there is a winter riding club let me know.

I would say my skill level is moderate to advanced and basically the goal is some exercise and fun!!

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
For sure In the spring,

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
ya i would be, gunna be here till the end of april going to sait so let me know. i'm into freeriding/dh if it matters

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
hey man i live down in the SW area and know of a couple wicked runs in fish creek that are pretty fun they might need some maintenance but if your down to do a little shoveling then i would love to go get out and shred

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
I'd love to find some people to ride with.. I'm without a decent trail bike until around May though.

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 19:33 Quote
I ride 1-3 times a week, don't mind digging, have DH / MX back round. PM me any time.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
I'd love to find some people to ride with.. I'm without a decent trail bike until around May though.

all you need is a hardtail with a derailleur and ull be fine

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 9:38 Quote
frreride4life420 wrote:
hdfreerider wrote:

all you need is a hardtail with a derailleur and ull be fine

I have that. I have bombproof (read heavy) hardtail with gears. lol

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 10:24 Quote
any one down to go ride tomorrow (Sunday) i know this on trail thats ride able but it might be really icy. its not that long of a run like 2 mins tops if your slow but it flows pretty well

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 16:40 Quote
I could be down. I need a reason to get back on my bike before the snow melts

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
frreride4life420 wrote:
hey man i live down in the SW area and know of a couple wicked runs in fish creek that are pretty fun they might need some maintenance but if your down to do a little shoveling then i would love to go get out and shred

Hey I live in the SW too. We should all get together and go to the trails in fish creek. I know of only one place but it needs a bit of work. Let me know if you guys are interested. I am going to Arizona on March 13 and am back on the 28th. I am going for a biking vacation. It's so sweet. I can't wait to shred! But let me know if you are interested. We can't dig until spring though. The ground i still frozen at Fish Creek and needs to clear up from all the snow. Let me know if you guys are interested. Cheers! Big Grin

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
kevlar28 wrote:
frreride4life420 wrote:

Hey I live in the SW too. We should all get together and go to the trails in fish creek. I know of only one place but it needs a bit of work. Let me know if you guys are interested. I am going to Arizona on March 13 and am back on the 28th. I am going for a biking vacation. It's so sweet. I can't wait to shred! But let me know if you are interested. We can't dig until spring though. The ground i still frozen at Fish Creek and needs to clear up from all the snow. Let me know if you guys are interested. Cheers! Big Grin

Fish creek is like a 5 minute ride from my house.. I might be interested.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 10:33 Quote
I could go for that too, if your interested. I know every trail in this town and then some. PM me if you want to ride.

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
Any one ever ride around Edworthy Park? I messed around there today, seems like there is alot of potential and a bunch of already great downhill single track riding.

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 10:27 Quote
There is both good up and down riding there, but there is not much room for building there. If it is built, it gets torn down fast by the City. The existing trails are crowded on weekends.
The City is shutting bikes out of every 'Natural Environment Park' and Edworthy is next on the list along with 12 Mile Coulee. If you've seen what they did to Bowmont Park, expect the worst case scenario and multiply it by five!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025430
Mobile Version of Website