Schwalbe tires

PB Forum :: Downhill
Schwalbe tires
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 22:01 Quote
Iv been seing more people using and racing with Schwalbe tires, they seem to cost alot of $$$. Anyone ride them, GOOD or BAD?

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 at 22:10 Quote
i like then, the table top is such a nice dj tire, really lite and fast. but alot of them have really really strong beads.. so they are a b*tch to get on and off

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 15:23 Quote
bullcrew is sponsored by schwalbe. a little biased, i think.

i have schwalbe tires on all 3 of my bikes and i love them. table tops are rad.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
I've got a set of Schwalbe Fat Albert's on my Coiler and I will never buy another brand of tire. I was running Maxxis DHF front and DHR rear and I could never put anywhere near as much trust into them as I can the Schwalbe's. Yes, they are expensive, but tires are the most important thing on your bike for gaining control in all situations. It's a good spot to spend money. Not to mention that they roll a hell of a lot faster than the Maxxis' did even without ramped knobs and they are also much lighter. I've rode them for a full season and they are still holding up great. I have seen a few bad apples that knobs have ripped off of, but you get that with every tire. I've ridden the Muddy Mary's too and they are just as good as my 'Bert's. I highly reccomend them to anyone looking for new rubbers.

Edit: Oh yeah, that's in New England which is nothing but roots and sharp rocks that are wet probably 45-55% of the time. Their "Snakebite" sidewall has proven to be pretty damn durable.

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 15:39 Quote
they are amazing but...
-they are exspesive and they wear ecepionally fast
(knobs rip off)
If i had the money to dish out I still would be running them

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
Dillhole that was about 4 tires that were superbly abused at low PSI. They really don't count for a durablilty gauge.

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
yes and no...the right psi for the conditions

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
I love them thou...just need a few spares if you race arrgessivly (at low PSI-your welcome jack)

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
Fat man ripping down the hill over roots with massive hack style and way to stiff suspension are the conditions you're talking about right?

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
I ripped mine out too and about 10 others are dangleing on the side and I aint fat!!!

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
You're right, you're a little girly man.

Anyways, most of the Schwalbe's I've seen and ridden have been awsome. By my standards, probably the best bike tire you can currently buy.

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
ur right the shwalbee trail tires are amazing
dh are too but wear fast

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 17:36 Quote
Where can you get them (mail order)in North America?

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 17:59 Quote
chain reaction cycles

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012587
Mobile Version of Website