Scam website or not? What do you think?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Scam website or not? What do you think?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
Hey guys, I've been looking to get a nomad frame, and I typed something about nomad on google and this website came up. www.namorabike.com Here is

All their stuff is extremely cheap but the website looks legit. I've tried for about an hour to look them up and see if they're a real company or not, but I couldn't turn up anything.

An example of how cheap their stuff is:
new 08 talas 36 rc2- $415
new 08 v10- $2500
new 09 xO rear derailleur- $105

Please don't try to give general advice such as "rather safe than sorry" and "too good to be true", I know that, and I won't buy anything until I can verify that they're legit. Can any of you guys find anything, or have any of you tried to buy something from them? their information that they have on their website.

Here's their info that they have on their site: I've sent them an email with no reply.
Address:
KOL MASTURI NO.89-91A
CIMAHI
BANDUNG
INDONESIA

E-mail: cs@namorabike.com
Telephone: 02209349090
Fax: 02209349089

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
airbornmtnbiker wrote:
Hey guys, I've been looking to get a nomad frame, and I typed something about nomad on google and this website came up. www.namorabike.com Here is

All their stuff is extremely cheap but the website looks legit. I've tried for about an hour to look them up and see if they're a real company or not, but I couldn't turn up anything.

new 08 v10- $2500

Please don't try to give general advice such as "rather safe than sorry", I know that, and I won't buy anything until I can verify that they're legit. Can any of you guys find anything, or have any of you tried to buy something from them? their information that they have on their website.

Here's their info that they have on their site: I've sent them an email with no reply.
Address:
KOL MASTURI NO.89-91A
CIMAHI
BANDUNG
INDONESIA

considering this is from indonesia stuff from there is way cheaper then what it is here. my parents from indonesia and my god the stuff over there is cheap. i want to say legit but then i have no experience with them.

Mod
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 21:56 Quote
Thisishowiroll wrote:
considering this is from indonesia stuff from there is way cheaper then what it is here. my parents from indonesia and my god the stuff over there is cheap. i want to say legit but then i have no experience with them.

Doesn't matter as manufacturers have their MSRP. Unless they are selling below cost, it sounds way too good to be true. If they are actual dealers of these manufacturers like Fox and Santa Cruz, both of those manufacturers prohibit importing products from one country to another. Hence the reason you can't order Fox or SC products from US mail ordered websites and get it in Canada. They are protecting the local marketplace, distributors, and shops. Sounds fishy.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 22:41 Quote
Thisishowiroll wrote:
airbornmtnbiker wrote:

new 08 v10- $2500

Please don't try to give general advice such as "rather safe than sorry", I know that, and I won't buy anything until I can verify that they're legit. Can any of you guys find anything, or have any of you tried to buy something from them? their information that they have on their website.

Address:
KOL MASTURI NO.89-91A
CIMAHI
BANDUNG
INDONESIA

I don't mean to crash the party, but I was in the same situation not long ago. I came out with the very simple conclusion: 'If it's too good to be true, it probably is'. I've done a whole bunch of research when I bought my bike (Endure; love it), so if you need to know anything else, pm me.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 22:41 Quote
Thisishowiroll wrote:
airbornmtnbiker wrote:

new 08 v10- $2500

Address:
KOL MASTURI NO.89-91A
CIMAHI
BANDUNG
INDONESIA

In bold (phone number and fax) that seems kinda diff to me...no company I kno has almost the same number as there fax (just one number off...)

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 22:47 Quote
there was a post on here from an admin sayin stuff bout a site from indo and that its fake.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:11 Quote
I think i'll try to call santa cruz and see if they have any dealers in indonesia.

Mod
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:12 Quote
airbornmtnbiker wrote:
I think i'll try to call santa cruz and see if they have any dealers in indonesia.

They can't send you a frame. Did you not read what I wrote?

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:18 Quote
here is a site dealing with that company

http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/24761/Indonesian_Indonesia_Scams_Scam_Scammers_Scammed_Scamming_Fraud_Dishonest/6.htm

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:18 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
airbornmtnbiker wrote:

They can't send you a frame. Did you not read what I wrote?
Of course I read it, I'm just not going to only take the word of one person. It would take no time at all to call and it wouldn't hurt to ask. It's not that I don't believe you, I'm just verifying what you said. Santa Cruz frames are made in Taiwan now aren't they?

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
Of course a scammers website is going to look "legit". That's how they scam people. If you cant verify from actual people face to face (not email) that have gotten their stuff from them, you need to forget about this website. Trying too hard to get a bargain can get you screwed.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:23 Quote
wanabe wrote:
here is a site dealing with that company

http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/24761/Indonesian_Indonesia_Scams_Scam_Scammers_Scammed_Scamming_Fraud_Dishonest/6.htm

I've seen that site when I was researching that company, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see that no one actually ever says if its a real company or not even though 2 people ask.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:25 Quote
a 2009 norco team dh retails for like 7 LARGE mang. and on that site its up for 2700.

my ass crack

Mod
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:27 Quote
Everything is priced at a "way too good to be true" price. I mean $400 for a Talas RC2 that usually retails for $1000+. I'm sorry but if you believe in this BS, or even consider this to be "real" you deserve to be scammed.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
Have you not heard of all the scams that come out of Indonesia? I cant believe you would even be considering doing any business with ANYBODY off a website over there. They scam all they want over there, their is little enforcement to stop them. Just keep saving that money a little longer, you will be glad you did.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011715
Mobile Version of Website