Powered by Outside

Anybody Else scared spitless of being in the air

PB Forum :: Downhill
Anybody Else scared spitless of being in the air
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 23:06 Quote
Anybody Else scared spitless of being in the air. I'm making a support group. I'm hoping there are others like me. Even better if your 17 or older. I'm sick of 13 year olds agreeing with me and twelve year olds telling me I'm a wimp.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 23:12 Quote
i gotta say, the first time was pretty damn scary. the couple other times i got some air i was just as fuking scared. i haven't done it since

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 23:48 Quote
Good to know i'm not the only one.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 23:54 Quote
I guess I have never had enough hangtime to really take my mind off of anything but landing it right. How much air are we talking here?

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 0:42 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
You've been in the air? Oh my god, man, I would have a heart attack if I even tried. I remember I once dropped off a curb, I shit myself, literally. I had little balls of shit rolling out of my pants for an hour after that.
I believe it man little bunny turds haha

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 0:46 Quote
bkraft wrote:
I believe it man little bunny turds haha

Oh man, I lol'ed.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 0:48 Quote
bighiters wrote:
if you scared spitless in the air you just a puss.

This thread ---->

Your head Blank Stare

WHOOOOOOSH!!!!!

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 0:54 Quote
I used to be really scared of teaving the ground but i found that if i dont see the jump im fine, its when i sit at the lip and think about what im going to do and what could happen that i get scared. the best way i learned how to jump was to get comfortable in the air. i used a trampoline. that got my confidence up. then i would put a kicker at the top of a hill and go bigger and bigger till i found my limit. Being a big guy my limit was pretty close to the ground. now im just working on my speed and berms. good luck with your nerves. remember its all mind over matter.

ps im 17 and started riding when i was 14.

Mod
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 1:48 Quote
bighiters wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:
bighiters wrote:
if you scared spitless in the air you just a puss.

This thread ---->

Your head Blank Stare

WHOOOOOOSH!!!!!

buddy you tryin to rhyme and be gangsta or WAT?
No, he's trying to be polite. Take the hint.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 2:04 Quote
almostwise wrote:
bighiters wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:

This thread ---->

Your head Blank Stare

WHOOOOOOSH!!!!!

WAT hint

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 2:14 Quote
bighiters wrote:
almostwise wrote:
bighiters wrote:

WAT hint
He was saying that the you really dont understand the point of the thread therefore don't need to be in here mouthing off about how he's a "puss".

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 2:20 Quote
Why?
Why oh why?
Leave the thread..... please.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 2:21 Quote
DDGShooterBoy wrote:
Why?
Why oh why?

ok fine just trying to give my 3 cents peace

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 2:23 Quote
bighiters wrote:
DDGShooterBoy wrote:
Why?
Why oh why?

ok fine just trying to give my 3 cents peace
Rightio off you pop.

Mod
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 2:53 Quote
What worries you most about being in the air? What problems do you come up against? I'm guessing here, but do you go stiff as you hit the lip/take off, or dab the brake as your coming in? My advice (if that is the case) is to build a little mellow jump into a slight slope with a clear landing and get comfortable hitting it. Then build it up a few inches at a time until you're happy getting more airtime. Everyone has their limit, but you'll be surprised how far you can push it. The more relaxed you can stay, the easier it will be. Trust your bike and trust your skill. Accept that you will bail at some point, but that it's all part of the game. Try different ways of psyching yourself up...some people need to be pressured and egged on, others require more gentle encouragement.
You'll get there in the end, just stick with it and have fun. Smile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008377
Mobile Version of Website