For my 2008 Giant Reign x0 should i keep the Fox 36 Float RC2, or should I buy a 2008 Totem, give me your advice

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
For my 2008 Giant Reign x0 should i keep the Fox 36 Float RC2, or should I buy a 2008 Totem, give me your advice
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 16:14 Quote
Im a big fan of Totems, but have heard that they are very high on maintenance. I would say keep the float unless you go for a Totem Solo Air, they are usually very reliable with minimal maintenance. Its kinda either or here, but In my opinion I would buy the Totem Solo Air simply because Ive ridden and heard about them.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 16:49 Quote
you should buy the totems, and sell the Floats to me Big Grin .
On a serios note, if you plan to do just FR & DH (80% FR & 20% DH) on it then get the totems, but if note keep the floats, they are the best 160MM float out there (Dirt agrees with me here...)

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 20:27 Quote
Personally I'd think the Totem would give the reign a pretty nasty rake. Plus it isn't really needed. If you're planning to to take 30ft road gaps on this bike, you should have gone with something like a glory.

FL
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 20:44 Quote
i have the same bike.
keep the float.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 20:45 Quote
Eek Perish the thought....keep the 36.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
if you want a more dh or freeride feel, get the totem
if it's all mountain, keep the float....

both can be high maintanence... moreso the totem...

it depends on what you want to do with the bike

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
barnz0rz wrote:
if you want a more dh or freeride feel, get the totem
if it's all mountain, keep the float....

both can be high maintanence... moreso the totem...

it depends on what you want to do with the bike
well im going to be racing and doing lots of freeride with a little bit of dirt jumping an xc but im a pretty small and light guy so im not really sure

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 21:00 Quote
Keep.
The.
Float!

Seriously. Unless you're planning to to be hitting 30ft road graps and stuff it will be fine.

Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 21:33 Quote
Keep the float...

the totems would be overkill...

the 36 will handle just about anything you can throw at it...

if ur gointo go huge and have to have the totems then u need to step up the bike to the glory 8

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
Keep the float. Although the totem isn't overkill. And i really like the totem. There is a reason they speced it with a float. Its more AM-y but can still take alot of abuse. rachel atherton hucked at Rampage with one on her Meta 6 (yeh shes a "nutter"). If you really are craving that extra inch, go for it, it would also give you a slacker HT so more DH-y.

FL
Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 1:29 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
Personally I'd think the Totem would give the reign a pretty nasty rake. Plus it isn't really needed. If you're planning to to take 30ft road gaps on this bike, you should have gone with something like a glory.
tbh the head angle on the 08 reign x is pretty steep so the extra length of the totem might do it some good

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 1:57 Quote
photo

photo

They ride pretty well with a totem on it, headangle isnt too slack, but purely down to reliability i would stick with the Fox's.

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
penfold1989 wrote:
photo

photo

They ride pretty well with a totem on it, headangle isnt too slack, but purely down to reliability i would stick with the Fox's.
look how un porportionate that looks...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014577
Mobile Version of Website