Powered by Outside

What is the worst thing that has happened to you on a ride?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
What is the worst thing that has happened to you on a ride?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 15:32 Quote
i love these stories, it also helps to avoid harmful situations

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
i was riding at the dirt jumps being a noob. i went up the jump way too fast and overshot the catch ramp (this is on a bmx), i was angled forward to land on the ramp but completely missed it and landed on my front tire. i bent my fork and pushed the bars forward. then the wheel turned left, bucked me up and i landed on my foot, curled under and broke my toe, it hurt to move. a month later, i did the same thing but snapped my stem

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
I drove for like 30 min to go to my friends house to go ride, after a 20 minute ride to get to the park, within first 10 minutes of riding I try and throw down a foot jam whip and somehow manage to get a pinch flat..I had no spare tube or anything, it sucked. Killed the night pretty fast.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
I was at sticker ( near st.austell )dirt jumps on my bmx and i done one of the jumps and didnt think i had enough so i pulled up really hard but i went back abit too far so i pushed down really hard to get flater but pushed too much and faceplanted and it really hurt so i went home. Frown the jump that i faceplanted on is the one on my pic.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 11:55 Quote
up at skatepark, some guy launched his board at my back wheel,
supposedly, i was in his way Razz
i chipped his board nice, but he bust the majority of my spokes :/

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 11:56 Quote
Did a simple j-hop onto a curb, but didnt quite get the rear up, it hurt the curb and threw the rear end of the bike over me. I white knuckled on the grips and hit my shoulder then my head on the sidewalk. There was some people in the parking lot and one employee smoking outside and this kid I met for the first time that day. It hurt to eat for a week and I was very embarased

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 11:57 Quote
Snapping my swing arm on my 24seven after showing of in front of a bunch of chavs,oh god it was awkward Confused

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 11:58 Quote
Bamford wrote:
wow thats sux, but how did a board bust ur spokes, mine would snap the board in half

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 12:00 Quote
DKrider65 wrote:
Bamford wrote:
wow thats sux, but how did a board bust ur spokes, mine would snap the board in half

I was carrying a frame that i had just brough of a mate back home in the dark one handed,what an idiot.

Frame in my rear wheel took out a few spokes Big Grin

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
dixn wrote:
DKrider65 wrote:
Bamford wrote:

I was carrying a frame that i had just brough of a mate back home in the dark one handed,what an idiot.

it was a while back, when i had a mongoose motivator haha
and ^^ that sounds more lethal Razz

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
hitting some djs i went really big maybe too big, and ended up coming strait down to flat, the catch is my bars were turned and i didnt notice. I took the handle bar an inch above my manhood, it left a nasty bruise for like a month. I immediatly ran into the woods and dropped my pants to check if everything was still intact. wat made it even worse was I had to go get a physical like 2 weeks later, and the doc was like holy shit wtf did u do and I basicaly had a conversation with him with my pants down it sucked really bad.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 12:08 Quote
Bamford wrote:
dixn wrote:
DKrider65 wrote:

it was a while back, when i had a mongoose motivator haha
and ^^ that sounds more lethal Razz

I ended up paying more for the spokes than i payed for the frame.

so annoying ! Madder

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
new wheel build take it?

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
Bamford wrote:
new wheel build take it?

Indeedy Frown

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 12:21 Quote
went on a trip to birmingham with my mate ryan, and on the way to epic some chav started on ryan, and we legged it, and got split up. Tried phonin him, and the spanner left his phone in my bag! Got to epic about 10 mins later, and waited 3 hours for him to come in, and turns out hes got lost, and phoned home from a payphone, so i get his mom on my phone after me, askin me where i am, and it turns out he rode to the otherside of birmingham, like half an hour away, and missed the last train home and had to wait for ryans dad to cart us home in the vanEvil

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009613
Mobile Version of Website