Powered by Outside

what frame?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
what frame?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 12:52 Quote
kk i am getting a new frame and i am just wondering. should i get a 2009 grim reaper or a 2009 reaper. the grim reaper as a lot of cut outs in it and i am afraid of breaking it. The reaper is ok but i like the grim better so which should i get.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 at 15:42 Quote
The reaper and grim reaper are ultimately the same frame. Just a little different price ranges and weight spec. Honestly I'd go with the reaper just because those cut outs are very over rated, and dont make much of a difference. But as far as your worrying about strength goes I really doubt you'll break it, only in very rare cases to people break them and it happened more with the V1 frames I beleive. So if you think the grim reaper is the right frame for you then have at it. But personally I'd go with the reaper it's just a simpler more stable bike. And the weight isn't bad what so ever.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 6:25 Quote
kk now i am looking at the grim reaper and the fit dak.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
Get a Sunday.

/thread.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
If strength is still the issue at hand then dak is the better choice once again. But look beyond the name and check out the specs, I know the bottom bracket height is lower on the grim, and the head tube angle is more laid back as well by half a degree. These things make a difference, however slight they may seem. And I beleive the stack height is slightly higher on the grim as well. I could be wrong it's been a while since i've been on one. But ask yourself what your going to like more and just go with it, you won;t be disapointed by either frame.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 18:48 Quote
kk my crankset is stock it came on the fit park series 1 does anyone no the spline on it becuase fit comes with a mid bb and i am goin to get the grim becuase it is cheaper. and the grim has a spanish bb so i neede to no if my crank that i ahv now will fit on the grim reaper msg back asap.

FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
u need to buy a spanish bb thats 19mm because i believe splined cranks are 19mm

FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
but i say fit dak, or if its that price range, get a sunday

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 19:32 Quote
Your crank will fit on the grim dont worry your bottom brackette however will not, like al said you'll need a new spanish bottom cracket prolly 22mm.

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 12:04 Quote
ok thanks boys i am goin either today or tomoorw to go and get it these is wat i am getting
-grim reaper 380
-intergrated headset 25
-bb 25
-grips 10
$440
is that a good price?

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 16:28 Quote
kk i have been riding a lot of forums about the grim reaper. There all talking about bracking so now i am alittle worried to get it. This are the frames i am looking at
-eastern grim reaper
-eastern reaper
-fit dehart.
Which one do u guys think i should get. There all aorund the same weight. I really wont the grim reaper but i dont want to brake it and be out for like 2 weeks of summer. The reaper is a great price and it just 5 ozs heavier the the grim. The fit dak is two expensive for me. The fit dehart loooks good i its a good price so i will either get fit dehart grim reaper or reaper.

FL
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
fit dehart, if those are the only choices ur considering

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 16:50 Quote
CookieMonster12 wrote:
kk i have been riding a lot of forums about the grim reaper. There all talking about bracking so now i am alittle worried to get it. This are the frames i am looking at
-eastern grim reaper
-eastern reaper
-fit dehart.
Which one do u guys think i should get. There all aorund the same weight. I really wont the grim reaper but i dont want to brake it and be out for like 2 weeks of summer. The reaper is a great price and it just 5 ozs heavier the the grim. The fit dak is two expensive for me. The fit dehart loooks good i its a good price so i will either get fit dehart grim reaper or reaper.
eastern is a kickass company and if you brake their frame doing anything besides 25ft drops to flat they should replace your frame or reemburse your money, look into their warrenties or call them

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012078
Mobile Version of Website