Powered by Outside

Headsets suggestion

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Headsets suggestion
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
hey uhm im buliding ablkmarket riot and just was wondering can i use a dh pig pro headset if not what otheres do you recomend

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 19:27 Quote
Chris king is the best of the best. Comes with 10 year warrenty and like every single color you can think of? They are expensive but highly worth it. I had mine for 3 years not problems

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
Dr-Jackal wrote:
Chris king is the best of the best. Comes with 10 year warrenty and like every single color you can think of? They are expensive but highly worth it. I had mine for 3 years not problems

Yes CK all the way...I had a Gold one for a while and now i got a pink one on my Flow

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 19:33 Quote
go for chris king, they are awesome Smile

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
Id go for Chris King n if thats to pricy then FSA...or Race Face Integraded

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
get a king there sick Salute

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 19:57 Quote
your all are wrong he is building a riot no your pig wont work you need a intregrated like the fsa impact

Mod
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
Like said before, you need an integrated headset. Also, CK headsets are not the be all end all when it comes to headsets especially, if you are running an RS fork! I'd recommend the Cane Creek 110IS. It has a 110 year warranty. Yeah, 110 years!

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
skinna wrote:
your all are wrong he is building a riot no your pig wont work you need a intregrated like the fsa impact
o really sorry then i didnt read it correctly but its true king headsets are good, but i would go with the impact for you, i like mine so far.

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 22:35 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Like said before, you need an integrated headset. Also, CK headsets are not the be all end all when it comes to headsets especially, if you are running an RS fork! I'd recommend the Cane Creek 110IS. It has a 110 year warranty. Yeah, 110 years!

what's the problem with rs forks and ck headsets? i'm curious.

Mod
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 at 22:44 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
what's the problem with rs forks and ck headsets? i'm curious.

First, I am not a huge fan of the o-ring design. It was good years ago when it was first developed and released but now, there are newer and better designs available. The issue is that RS fork steerers tend to run a bit on the small side by a .001 or 2. This makes them rattle/move around more compared to other forks on the market and seems to be specific to CK and RS forks only. With other headsets and RS forks, there isn't an issue. There is something up with CK's tolerances.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
i have about 5 of those headsets in my household and none of them creek. I would expect someone thats a mod to actually know what they are talking about?

Mod
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 12:09 Quote
Dr-Jackal wrote:
i have about 5 of those headsets in my household and none of them creek. I would expect someone thats a mod to actually know what they are talking about?

Do you use an RS fork? I know what I am talking about. Ask a lot of the users who have a CK headset and an RS fork what their experiences are. Even a quick search within this forum yields threads about it...

Believe me, I am a CK supporter. I have numerous Nothreadsets and a Steelset but I don’t run CK with RS.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009321
Mobile Version of Website