Powered by Outside

What Should I Do????!!!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What Should I Do????!!!
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:26 Quote
Ok so I bought A Spesh Hardrock Comp in June '08 and I love it to death. I use it for DJ mainly and want to buy a new DJ fork but now I hear that Hardrocks suck for it? I've never had any probs with mine except the stock brake cables is unwinding but that's not major. I had plans to save up for a Stinky or a Used Big Hit but now do I need a new DJ bike? GGGRRRRR! I'm pulling out my hair over what to do. Please help.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
not being rude or anything but hardrock does suck the good dj bike from spesh is probably the p series. a few of my friends ride them but i personally dont like the low bb

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:34 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
Ok so I bought A Spesh Hardrock Comp in June '08 and I love to death. I use it for DJ mainly and want to buy a new DJ fork but now I hear that Hardrocks suck for it? I've never had any probs with mine except the stock brake cables is unwinding but that's not major. I had plans to save up for a Stinky or a Used Big Hit but now do I need a new DJ bike? GGGRRRRR! I'm pulling out my hair over what to do. Please help.
ok so what u need to do is get urself a new frame for sure. the hardrock is really not that great for anything but entry lvl. idsuggest something that is around 200 dollars for a frame like an ns suburban or a blk market. then u need to think about something other than astinky or a bighit look into the future those bikes dont hold up

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:35 Quote
just ride what you have and have fun. As long as you're having fun why does it matter what other people think? Save up for a big hit and keep your hardrock. If it works for you then there is no need to change it. Once you begin to hit bigger stuff, then I think it would be time for an upgrade, but for now just ride what you have.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:37 Quote
Neither the Big Hit or Stinky are really DJ bikes. And the Hardrock Comp is a XC bike... but that'll be fine if you only doing basic/moderate stuff.

Have a look at this:
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=66143

It's more related to frames, but check out some of the companies listed and there completes (if you want a complete).

NS Suburban or Static Plan B(24")/Evil Twin(26") are my fave's.

FL
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:38 Quote
superbarnes65 wrote:
just ride what you have and have fun. As long as you're having fun why does it matter what other people think? Save up for a big hit and keep your hardrock. If it works for you then there is no need to change it. Once you begin to hit bigger stuff, then I think it would be time for an upgrade, but for now just ride what you have.
You, my friend, just answered half of my question. Thank you. now for the Big Hit or Stinky. Most of my biking friends have a Stinky and say they are great. But I hear good stuff about Big Hits for beginner DH

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:38 Quote
honestly i just looked at ur frame and if u are atleast 6 foot 8 u might not want to be djing it,u need a smaller frame to flick around

FL
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
I'm 5'9 but I think it's a small frame. Hey If anyone on here wants to trade for or buy my frame I'll sell

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
I'm 5'9 but I think it's a small frame. Hey If anyone on here wants to trade for or buy my frame I'll sell
ebay

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:43 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
lol if you want to get ride of it who would want to trade it ? not to be rude tho

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:44 Quote
A stinky is a good bike to start on but you will get more years out of a giant glory, big hit, or a giant reign. I suggest reign, specialized sx trail, glory, big hit, then stinky. If you gave us your budget we could help you out.

FL
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 17:53 Quote
my budget would be $1000 max., but my dilemma is I have no money. I'll save up this summer for the new bike, but I'm 13 and need to star looking for a car. I also need money for new snowboard gear. I'll sell my old gear and make $300-$450 off that, that'll pay for the boots and half of the board. So here is my problem list:
Car-$8000 max.
Snowboard gear(board,boots,bindings)-$900 approx.
Bike(full sus)-$1000 max.
new fork for my Hardrock-$400
Whistler trip(not a camp)-$1500
New Bass Guitar-$400

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 18:02 Quote
I would say take care of what you feel is most important first, then move on to everything else. If you can get 2 grand then you can get this new : http://wheelworld.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=5767
Edit: You have loads of time to save up for a car. If you work, put a little money in your bank account every pay check and it will build up over time.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
man you need to do some homework before you buy your next bike. If you are looking at either of those bikes you are in the wrong ball park.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 20:43 Quote
just ride the hardrock, its not a great dj bike but it will surely work unless u are hitting HUGE jumps, get the stinky or big hit, u will be fine

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011826
Mobile Version of Website