Pinkbike stereotypes - plz read the OP

PB Forum :: Other
Pinkbike stereotypes - plz read the OP
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
(First of all, this thread is intended for a bit of fun - and I hope I put it in the right category)

After being a member of this website for a short while, it has become more than apparent to me that many pinkbike members like to hold opinions and frequently like to state them on others pictures and in the forum; of course, differing opinions are naturally part of the rich fabric of life, I have however noticed certain correlations with some opinions regarding certain products/manufacturers...

So here's a thread where all such opinions of solid fact can be listed, both as a reference resource, but also so they don't need to ever be stated so incessantly ever again...

Here's my start: [brand - product - nickname - commonly held opinion]

- - -
Brand - Cannondale
Product - all
AKA. - Crack'n'fail
Stereotype - 'all Cannondale frames will without fail crack very soon, that's if they haven't already'

- - -
- Manitou
- all
- aka. Manipoo
- 'all Manitou fork damping systems will spontaneously explode just minutes after the forks are installed on your bike'

- - -
- Sun Ringle
- Singletrack rims
- '...... those rims'
- 'Sun's Singletrack rim is too weak for absolutely any type of riding whatsoever and will unquestionably break on your first day of riding'

- - -
- Sun Ringle
- Doubletrack rims
- ?
- 'Doubletrack rims are just waaay too heavy, for absolutely any bike or riding style imaginable'

- - -
- Iron Horse
- Sunday WC Frame
- aka. Sam Hill's bike
- 'The Iron Horse Sunday frame, up until very recently, was scientifically proven beyond any question of doubt to make any rider at least 8 seconds quicker down any downhill trail'

-
-
- please feel free to add your own 'Pinkbike stereotypes', whether they be about good or bad products/brands - and remember, all such sterotypical 'Pinkbike opinions' are based entirely on solid undeniable fact, and can therefore not be disputed in any way!Salute Facepalm

- - -
EDIT: thanks for all the posts so far - just so this thread doesn't turn into a flame fest...

please stick to product/mfr stereotypes only from now on (unless its something else especially funnyWink ), also try to use the initial outlayed format ^^^ for listing them [as most people have done] so it stays tidy.

maybe after all stereotypes have been humorously listed we can have nominations for the most stereotypically 'FAIL' equipped bike on PinkbikeBig Grin

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
Brand: Kona
Product: Everything
Stereotype: Every Kona ever made sucks terribly and the frames will snap on your first ride.

I completely dis-agree with this ^^

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
lol, how could I have forgotten Kona?Facepalm

- thanks for adding!lol

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:20 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
lol, how could I have forgotten Kona?Facepalm

- thanks for adding!lol

haha ya, thats a really obvious one, no big deal Salute

FL
Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
MEGA LOLZ! oh sh*t i got a crack'n'fail with single track rims! holy cr*p i'm f*cked!!!!
good job fella ,i'l look forward to this forum

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:28 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
MEGA LOLZ! oh sh*t i got a crack'n'fail with single track rims! holy cr*p i'm f*cked!!!!
good job fella ,i'l look forward to this forum
me tooFrown - we're doomed!lol

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:30 Quote
Weight:
By drilling a hole in your seatpost you will either:

-Be able to do a 360 whereas before you could only 180
-Get down the hill faster by a whole 4 seconds

-By having titanium bolts you will be faster by 5 seconds

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:30 Quote
Brand: Deity

Prod: All

Name: Deity

Stereotype: All 13 year old PBers with too much of Daddy's money run Deity

I don't agree, i love my Deity cranks and bars, but it seems to be the opinion

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
any photos that dont look too realistic or are coloured in on microsoft paint.

some one always has to say photoshopped Really Mad

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:35 Quote
sam- wrote:
Weight:
By drilling a hole in your seatpost you will either:

-Be able to do a 360 whereas before you could only 180
-Get down the hill faster by a whole 4 seconds

-By having titanium bolts you will be faster by 5 seconds

Lets be friends.

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:38 Quote
brand: hayes

product: all

stereotype: They all suck !

I completely agree.

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:39 Quote
My hayes have been fine!

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:40 Quote
Brand: No Brand

Prod: Not running Brakes

Name: "Brakeless"

Stereotype: Brakeless is well cool, and makes your whips/barspins waaaay cooler, plus makes your bike like twice as light.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Brand: Any Brand

Prod: Running Brakes

Name: "Anti-Brakeless"

Stereotype: Brakeless is for trend whores, and I am infact really trendy by going against the brakeless trend and running brakes... check me out.

No offense meant to anyone here Razz Just poking fun at the whole people following trends, then people thinking they're well trendy by going against the trends. Just a trend I have noticed on PB...

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 at 14:42 Quote
Thats how i look at it, your cool if you dont do what people do but by doing that you are doing what people do so everyone is gay end of! its the old "conforming to non-conformisom" argument, you can blow up emos brains with that shit!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009432
Mobile Version of Website