Powered by Outside

New DH and XC track to be open soon in Wiltshire...

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
New DH and XC track to be open soon in Wiltshire...
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 12:38 Quote
Hello every one !

I've currently taken over Spirthill Trails, We are rebuilding the whole site with 2 DH tracks with off camber, rooty, jumps and gaps (with more tracks to come!) and a whole new XC tracks with lots of nice fast single track, climbs and drops as well as northshore.

I'm hoping to hold some DH and XC events here so i'll keep you posted !

Please let me know if your interested to come and check it out WHEN where open, hopefully in 2-3 months, also any sugestions what you would like ?

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
Can you send me directions and location if possible please?

FL
Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
be good to get some more trails not too far away. hope the work goes well. suggestion wise: trail length, easy push up, good drainage tracks with flow. I think northshore should be used sparingly and only where necessary IMO. good luck, look forward to racing there!

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 9:22 Quote
I live quite near this place and have never heard of it. I cant find any pictures or videos either!

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 10:09 Quote
thanks for the sugestions (i'm not a big fan of northshore), we should have the web site up by next week with pics so you can see what we've done so far.

there was a web site but i thought it was rubbish, the tracks sould be ready to go in two months, so i'll put the web addresse and location up soon.

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
just to let every body know we will be opening spirthill trails in two weeks now as were nearly ready to go !

we will be open Saturdays and Sundays as well as school holidays.

theres more tracks to go into the trail but i want to see what you guys and girls think so far ?

spirthill trails is on the A3102 between Calne and Lyneham, follow signs to Foxham then go through Foxham village and Naish house farm is on the left and spirthill trail will be sign posted.

Please bring as many people as you can. it will be £3 per person.

FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 1:06 Quote
so what date is that? the 11th?

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 1:19 Quote
Sorry guy's, yes we will open on the 11th of April.

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
Wicked stuff. I live in Calne and have definately gotta check this out!
Hope the DH runs are good. What sort of length is the run(s)?

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 3:42 Quote
Thanks for the support.

At the moment the XC is about 6km long and there will be x2 DH runs wich will be about 1min and 1.5min long. All tracks are gonna be fast and flowing at the moment but i will be changing them over time.

All comments are welcome. I'm having to rush things a bit because the owner of the land wants to get this place open asap ! So please bare with us and we will try to make a good fun plce to ride.

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 6:59 Quote
Great stuff!
If you need help digging etc, I will be home (back from uni) for about 3 weeks from the 6th april.
If not, Ill be there to ride!

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 7:09 Quote
hey i used to live here where bout u building i might come up for a sesh? w/b jacob.

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 4:22 Quote
hello guy's

thanks for the support, i might hold you to the help with digging !! the XC track is ready to go but i changed the DH track cuz i wasn't happy with it !

I' doing the web site this weekend so i'll keep you posted...

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 12:20 Quote
i will do the pictures again this week because they where rubbish...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012306
Mobile Version of Website