Powered by Outside

Carrera Banshee X

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Carrera Banshee X
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 11:07 Quote
Hey everyone.

I am looking at buying a Carrera Banshee X 07 second hand for 300 quid. It seems to have pretty good specifications for the price, and seems in good condition.

What would it be like for some freeriding/all mountaining?

Has anyone had any bad experiences with them?

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 11:16 Quote
HI mate,

I own a banshee 07 model, just the base one. Out of the box this thing has handled anything i can give it. I dont claim to be pro or sh*t but i know how to have fun.

I would highly recommend but if it comes with the suntour air shock on the back i would have it checked carefully as my buddies one is fecked.

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
i have a carrera banshee it handles quite well but it is heavy. make sure you check the bearings have no play and the rocker plates arent bent but i would not use it for more than cross contry it is not as god at handling freeride stuff as a well as a decent hardtail but would be ok for light all montain use . this bike is not very stable at jumping but that is not what it was designed for.

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 6:40 Quote
How strong is the rear arm, it doesn't look, but would it cope a few drop offs, bout 4ft ish in height?

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 6:45 Quote
I've did a jump which was about 8ft but overshot it so i landed flat doing about 12ft, and my bike came out fine...It was my first full susp and i loved it, go for it, and a pic would help us tell you if it is good or not

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 6:47 Quote
Thanks, I dont wanna buy it and find its gonna restrict me more than a hardtail. Would a hardtail be stronger? Im thinkin of usin the lockout when I do normal jumps.

Have you got the standard wheels? There supposed to be very soft and crap :/

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2497015/

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 6:51 Quote
photo

This was mine, strong build, upgraded forks and wheels, wheels were Halo combats so i dont know about the wheels be strong/weak sorry

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 6:55 Quote
That pic you put up looks pretty much stock bike, my friend has those wheels and they are holding up good for him, Hydraulics that come on them are good even though they are tektro, verrry good, im upgrading to some of them for about £100 forks are Ok'ish but my mate blew the seals on his and didnt even know until they randomly started bottoming in the middle of a ride...He upgraded to some MZ Drop off triples. Its a great starter full suss, i wouldnt go back now that i have bought one, i loved mine. Used to take it to trails, ride park and street with it nearly every night, you can do all types of riding on it, its also good for XC.

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 8:31 Quote
It seems a great bike. I like the AM forks, my mate has them on his Specialized and they are a great all round fork. As for the breaks as long as they stop me I'm happy. I just heard a few things bout the wheels being soft, but I'll see.

I just wondered whether anyone had had any trouble with the rear arm. It looks to me to be quite flimsy, however I've seen no reports of any breaks as of yet Smile

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 8:32 Quote
My mate, Elliot Lowndes bought his bike off you, the frame I think Smile

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 9:12 Quote
i have bent the rear arms they whernt that bent and just got them straightened. That was because i wiped out to foar and landed side ways

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
matt-watkins wrote:
My mate, Elliot Lowndes bought his bike off you, the frame I think Smile

Yes he did ! Smile And about the swing arms, felt pretty strong when i was riding it, I would trust them more than my bighit swing arms on that note, had more problems with the bighit then the banshee, ofc the bighit is slightly more technical though...

FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
I would go for it its made based on old stinkys and is produced in the same factories as konas I looked at getting one and upgrading it over time as my first dh and they rode well but i got a cheaper deal on a different bike

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
Thanks for the comments anyone? Seems like a good bike. Is there anything bad about them I should know about before buying? Or any problems I may have with it?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010452
Mobile Version of Website