Powered by Outside

Some one help me, Brake problems!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Some one help me, Brake problems!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
hey i just got avid juicy 5's, i go to put them on my bike with a 6'inch rotor.....i mount them, but they grab my rotor so bad that i cannot spin the wheel properly, can some one give me tips on how to adjust the brakes or any tricks i can do to make this problem dissapper.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
on the bottom of it there is some screws that when you lossen them the shoes will get closser and farther away trie that
cheerstup

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 14:53 Quote
dirtyspoon wrote:
on the bottom of it there is some screws that when you lossen them the shoes will get closser and farther away trie that
cheerstup
on juicy 5's? is there one or more screws to adjust?

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
not to sure let me check

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
cuz i have them right in my hand, and there are no screws on the bottom, when i turn them , the shoes dont move...

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
When you mounted them, did you squeeze the lever a few times and hold it down before you tightened the caliper down? If you do not do this they will rub.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:01 Quote
not exactly to sure which screws they are but i no that there on th bottom some where

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:01 Quote
cjf1972 wrote:
When you mounted them did you squeeze the lever a few times and hold it down before you tightened the caliper down?
yep and they still grabbed the rotor so bad that i couldnt spin it

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
mattrox wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:
When you mounted them did you squeeze the lever a few times and hold it down before you tightened the caliper down?
Were they new, and are you using stock rotors?

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:03 Quote
cjf1972 wrote:
mattrox wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:
i have a brand new avid 6' rotor, never used before

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
mattrox wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:
mattrox wrote:
i have a brand new avid 6' rotor, never used before
Are the pads new? You can try holding the brake down and riding hard w/ the brake on to conform the pads w/ the rotors.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
i can barley ride the bike dude, they grip soo bad, but how long would i have to ride it like that for to conform the brakes

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
cjf1972 wrote:
When you mounted them, did you squeeze the lever a few times and hold it down before you tightened the caliper down? If you do not do this they will rub.
This is right, On my Formula K24 ORO's I finally thought about squeezing the brake lever BEFORE you tighten the brake caliper and it works great. Hope it works for you.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
did you squeeze the brake before it was mounted?

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
owengd97b wrote:
did you squeeze the brake before it was mounted?
yea i lossend all the bolts, and squeezed the lever, then did the bolts up evenly torqued, and it still grabs really bad

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009591
Mobile Version of Website