Can u use a moto-x helmet for freeride/DH?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Can u use a moto-x helmet for freeride/DH?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 5:13 Quote
i no it offers the protection but is there a downside to the weight or something?
is it safe?
thanks,
ren

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 5:41 Quote
Hi mate,

I use a mx lid when i ride and tbh i dont think it makes much of a difference, if anything are they maybe designed for higher speed impacts therefore possibly stronger???

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 5:42 Quote
skylinelover wrote:
Hi mate,

I use a mx lid when i ride and tbh i dont think it makes much of a difference, if anything are they maybe designed for higher speed impacts therefore possibly stronger???

ok, thanks

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 5:43 Quote
you can use an mx helmet, but they are'nt as good ventilated and are alot heavier, but its your decision Smile

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 5:49 Quote
I had to race 4x a bit with a MX helmet. It's not a bad thing, but I noticed a big difference when I got a pushy helmet, weight wise. So I'm not to sure, personal prefrence?

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 5:54 Quote
yer my mx helmet is too heavy to ride in so a mtb one is probs better they have the diffent helmets for a reason

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 6:06 Quote
freerideguy wrote:
yer my mx helmet is too heavy to ride in so a mtb one is probs better they have the diffent helmets for a reason

ok, cheers

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 6:10 Quote
a lot of mx helmets now arent that much heavier then mtb helmets, its most venting differences, but when your flying down a hill you got plenty air!

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 6:11 Quote
curlxupxandxdle wrote:
a lot of mx helmets now arent that much heavier then mtb helmets, its most venting differences, but when your flying down a hill you got plenty air!
+1, So true.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 18:11 Quote
MX helmets are generally heavier and hotter. If you can live with that, then you're fine to use one for FR/DH riding.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 10:45 Quote
Are people really complaining about the wieght of an MX helmet.....Try running full speed into someone with a football helmet....and a MX helmet will never seem heavy again.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 10:49 Quote
the only problem with mx helmets is the neck injuries in the event of a big crash. more weight on your head the harder your neck thrown around. thats the only downside.

O+
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
you can but it looks dumb

FL
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 10:54 Quote
While if you use a neck brace then its not a big deal
freeridesp1 wrote:
the only problem with mx helmets is the neck injuries in the event of a big crash. more weight on your head the harder your neck thrown around. thats the only downside.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010762
Mobile Version of Website