Powered by Outside

Official Irish Downhill Thread

PB Forum :: Europe
Official Irish Downhill Thread
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 9:29 Quote
Well done, looking good.

Don't forget everyone, NPS Round 3 on the 23rd and 24th May is in Rostrevor. I knew everyone knew that, but now it's official.

And you can get second hand gear on Irish DH too.

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 2:46 Quote
There are 8 races in this years Irish NPS, giving a range of tacks and venues around the country.

Round 1 - Round one was in Cahir, Co. Tipperary hosted by 021 Racing, on the 4/5th April
Round 2 - Round 2 is is Dunmanway, Co. Cork on the 2/3rd May
Round 3 - Round 3 is in Rostrevor, Co. Down on the 23/24th May, hosted by CRC
Round 4 - Round 4 is in Bree, Co. Wexford hosted by Bree Racing Club on 20/21st June
Round 5 - Round 5 is in Killarney, Kerry hosted by Killarney CC on 4/5th July
Round 6 - Round 6 is in Laois, hosted by Cullo DH Club on 8/9th August
Round 7 - Round 7 is in Ulster, hosted by CRC on 26/27th September
Round 8 - Round 8 is in White Horse, Waterford, hosted by 021 on the 3/4th October

The Nationals is in Carrick, Co. Wicklow hosted by Flow Racing and will be on 18/19th July.

Keep posted to this thread for reports etc.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 1:41 Quote
Alri lads,

Some photos from Winter League,
i know that was long time ago but make this thread alive Smile

http://eryk2kartman.pinkbike.com/album/Winter-League-Sugar-Loaf/

cheers

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 12:54 Quote
Race report for Dunmanway, Round 2 is covered and I've got Rostrevor Round 3 covered for preview and race report. Any photos of either of these races would be greatly appreciated, and decent quality videos even more.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.southernextreme.ie/images//021%20may%282%29.jpgps thats Dennis Corkery going orbital, still holds the distance record off that one 37.5feet

DETAILS ON WWW.021RACING.COM AND WWW.IRISHDH.COM

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
does anyone know the second track thats gonna be raced in northern ireland this year

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 15:23 Quote
I'd be surprised if its not at rostrevor, using a differant track to that of NPS3.

Would be nice to see it back in Tollymore though, but i doubt that somehow Frown

Donard could be an awsome venue too.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 7:20 Quote
The other Northern Round will probably be in Rostrevor as well, on the chute.

Irish DH, the CRC club site will announce it about a month from the race.

Remember: Round 3 is Rostrevor is at the Nats track, not the one used for last years NPS. Follow the fireroad on about another 30 secs to get to the start of it.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
what track did they race last year

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 9:36 Quote
The chute... If you want directions, post here.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
richardsouthernextreme wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.southernextreme.ie/images//021%20may%282%29.jpgps thats Dennis Corkery going orbital, still holds the distance record off that one 37.5feet

DETAILS ON WWW.021RACING.COM AND WWW.IRISHDH.COM

Liking that poster alot Richie! Prob see ya down there.

Posted: Apr 19, 2009 at 10:10 Quote
Hi,

just giving you all a warning about where you leave your bags in Rostrevor. I was up today and hid my bag tucked in nice and neat under the berm at the bottom of the track. At the end of our last run, Johnny was just ahead of me and shouted "SSSSHHHIIIIIT!" coming close to the berm. I bloody crashed trying to avoid the wee c*nts, and I saw them legging it up the hill. Once I got to the bottom, Johnny said they were behind the berm, so I legged it up and checked. They had emptied out nearly all the contents of my bag, but Johnny and me coming down probably saved my phone and other possesions.

Just trying to warn other people about where they leave stuff, we've seen those three up before lighting fires and stuff. One is fat, teethy and ginger, one fat with bleached hair and the other fat with fair hair.

If you see them, play a good game of whac-a-mole with a big stick with them, like we tried to do when we saw them.

Rory

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.southernextreme.ie/images//021%20may%282%29.jpg
Saturday 2nd and Sunday the 3rd of will see the second round of the Irish Downhill National point’s series being Held in Clashnacrona, Dunmanway, Co Cork.

As most of ye have seen there has been some discussion as to which of the 2 race courses we are planning to race. As this goes out we still haven’t made a decision and are hoping for a break in the weather so we can run the steeper more technical of the 2 but if the Irish weather holds true to form we have a backup which most downhillers would be envious of anyway.

The track which is one of the fastest in the country is as follows, Start down a short straight over a small step down onto the fire road and into some fun roller berms into a fast quick section through those 2 trees (wide bars watch out) and over some sweet rollers into some tough rooty rocky corners down to a small root section and into everyone’s favourite open section with the big rollers and jumps and flat out bits, out of that and into the infamous rock drop small sprint left hand berm, right hand corner and over a tricky rock garden drop, into some off camber switchbacks which open out to a hip jump into some fast corners, small off camber bit and off a drop to berm and into the finish and back onto Dennis Corkery uplift wagon if you’re lucky after 2minutes of pure fun!

If we get the weather the other track has a big fast motorway section with nice big jumps, down a berm into a steep, rooty rollercoaster for about two and a half minutes, if your fast.

Red bull will be onsite to give ye the wings needed for the jumps and will have the Dodge on site to keep the tunes pumping, Southern Extreme, OC Tuning and Rother cycles will be there to sort out your gear and bikes and there will be a choice of food stands.

NOTE the forest is quite tight for parking so please listen and obey the marshal’s, Campers will be parked further up the hill close to the start line.

As it is a Long weekend we have a wee after party arranged AT THE Paragon Bar and Club Dakota in Skibbereen powered by red bull and we hope to have more to add to event watch this space.

click here for directions Round 2 Directions or just follow the N71 to Bandon, straight on at the roundabout and take a right at the methodist church and follow the R586 to Dunmanway, follow it through towards Bantry and the track is 2 miles from town on the left. simple as that.

For Accomodation: Click Here!

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 10:14 Quote
not happy that ill be missing that Frown
gotta work!
im dying to race but something always comes up when theyre on, its wrecking my head!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036823
Mobile Version of Website