Powered by Outside

Reno/Tahoe freeride trails

PB Forum :: USA - West
Reno/Tahoe freeride trails
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 12, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
im moving to the tahoe area next month, and i need to find out where the best freeride trails are. ive been doin some research,, but ive been finding that the us forest service has been tearin down all of the good stuff

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 9:10 Quote
The FS is definitely taking down some sick trails up by the lake, but it is understandable.Many of them are causing crazy erosion because they were not built properly. In some cases the FS is replacing them with trails that they are currently making. Near South Lake, the Corral Loop is legit, there are tons of trails in North lake as well. The riding down here around Reno is different becuause of the geography, but still quite fun. Peavine Peak is where its at.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 16:34 Quote
ya, i mean i know that there is a ton of good riding out there, im getting super stoked on it. Peavine looks pretty cool from what i have seen, but i would love to find some nice technical stuff in the alpine areas. but regardless im just trying to get a jump n where the best riding is at cause im just getting super pumped to get out and ride.

Posted: Nov 6, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
do u no if there is any place to ride in the sommerset devolpment

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 22:19 Quote
By far the best fr/dh trail is Tyrolean. It goes from the MT. Rose Meadows down to Incline Village / Diamond Peak Ski resort. I'm sure there are some undercover trails that people have built for themselves out there, but this is probably the best well know trail in the area. I have never ridden it but a lot of people talk about Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, that is in South lake Tahoe and is not for the weak, serious uphill in the beginning.

As for Somersett i don't think so. There are some trails out toward Verdi, but they aren't much fun. Once again, who knows there might be some undocumented trails in that area.

Posted: Feb 3, 2010 at 19:56 Quote
GTImkIV wrote:
By far the best fr/dh trail is Tyrolean. It goes from the MT. Rose Meadows down to Incline Village / Diamond Peak Ski resort. I'm sure there are some undercover trails that people have built for themselves out there, but this is probably the best well know trail in the area. I have never ridden it but a lot of people talk about Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, that is in South lake Tahoe and is not for the weak, serious uphill in the beginning.

As for Somersett i don't think so. There are some trails out toward Verdi, but they aren't much fun. Once again, who knows there might be some undocumented trails in that area.
ok thanks for the help

Posted: May 20, 2010 at 14:17 Quote
ya, toads is cool but the uphill is killer. I think its worth it. Chinese is mostly gone, although Im sure it is being rebuilt. I have never ridden it but Kings trail on the backside if kingsbury is supposed to be legit.

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 17:07 Quote
GTImkIV wrote:

Were the trails in verdi dh/fr trails??

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 17:09 Quote
dude just get a season pass to Northstar. http://www.northstarattahoe.com/info/summer/biking.asp

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 22:01 Quote
I know of a slew of super high quality shuttlesaround truckee if anyone wants to ride hit me up

Posted: Sep 30, 2010 at 20:45 Quote
Anyone riding in truckee this weekend?

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 at 19:05 Quote
just started building a new freeride trail in verdi today, we have a six jump line so far all jumps are 2-5 bike sets.... anyone wanting to come out and build send me a message. Shred hard!

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 20:17 Quote
I think Incline area is really lacking in AM/DH trails. Ive lived here for 3 years now and the only trail is the Tyrollean dh not that its a bad trail but i think we should build more. People need to step up and get some sick trails built. I am thinking something could be done from the top of tyner down or the top o Jennifer. Let me no what you guys think about making some new trails.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 20:27 Quote
rusellconway911 wrote:
I think Incline area is really lacking in AM/DH trails. Ive lived here for 3 years now and the only trail is the Tyrollean dh not that its a bad trail but i think we should build more. People need to step up and get some sick trails built. I am thinking something could be done from the top of tyner down or the top o Jennifer. Let me no what you guys think about making some new trails.
Building new trails in the Tahoe basin can be pretty risky. I'm sure it could be done, but there are a lot of rich people with a lot of time on their hands there. Verdi sounds like a much better place to go.

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 20:35 Quote
from the mt rose look out point down would be a perfect place

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.108912
Mobile Version of Website