Powered by Outside

Just a question.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Just a question.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
Hi every one. My question is could i run a MTB hub on my bmx its a fit str 2. Im wanting to put on a disk brake. I know it sounds funny but i think it will be kool. Some info would be aprecciated by others that have expeirence.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 18:26 Quote
omg. cmon man. this is a ridiculous question. please use the search.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 18:35 Quote
I'll anser you question because it's stupid and common sense really, but next time use the search, please.

Anyways, no you can't use a back MTB hub(asuming that's where you want the disk) on a BMX for 2 reasons:

1: Spacing is different between dropouts, MTB is bigger than BMX.
2: BMXs don't have caliper mounts for the disk.

If you wanted to run a front MTB hub, some work some don't but then again..no caliper mounts for the disk.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 18:37 Quote
Yea i was thinking of welding the mount on the right spot so it would work.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
:s That could be sketchy. Even then, the back hub will not fit because the spacing in the back is different between MTB and BMX.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
ok thanks for clarifying it and explaining it to me. much appreciated.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
Well... you have two options for this topic.

Click here for option 1!

Click here for option 2!

Good luck with the options!

Also im gonna ask a quesiton... why would you wanna run a disc brake on a bmx bike?!

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 19:01 Quote
I've seen disc adaptor that tread on flipflop hub (but if you use the brake while riding fakie it untread the adaptor from the hub) if you can welded the mount on your frame I think it's possible but I wouldn't do that. If you want to put disc brake on a bmx, you probably never try a dial bmx U brake

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
Well my frame is brakless. it has no mounts.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 19:07 Quote
motoxracer189 wrote:
Well my frame is brakless. it has no mounts.

yeah but is it your first bmx?

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 19:08 Quote
Yes, i use to have a dj and wanted somthing new.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 19:18 Quote
Disc brakes on a BMX is dumb, let alone doing it yourself. Do you know how hard it would be to line up the mount perfectly parallel to the dropout?

And enough with the stupid links to google/search button. It was funny the first time, it's getting old.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
Facepalm

edit: actualy come to think of it i remember seeing a vid on this site of someone riding street and running disk brakes but i cant remeber what it was called so i couldnt really search for it very well.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 23:26 Quote
some bmx racing hubs come set for disks if you really want to try

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011245
Mobile Version of Website