DH racer help (behinner with no experinece) i need help!

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH racer help (behinner with no experinece) i need help!
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 4, 2009 at 7:40 Quote
Hi guys i got a bit a cash o spend. i have never raced before and i dont know what frames and forks i should be using. i have about $800 to spend on a frame. i dont care if its used or new. and i have $500 to spend on a fork. i have a good wheel set and the rest of the stuff i just need some help [icking out a frame and fork

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 8:02 Quote
COP-1 wrote:
Check ebay dude.Smile

lol probally wont have good stuff

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 8:08 Quote
Jamie24siemon wrote:
COP-1 wrote:
Check ebay dude.Smile

You'd be surprised, check the buy/sell on here as well.

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 8:20 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
Jamie24siemon wrote:
COP-1 wrote:
Check ebay dude.Smile

well i havent had much looking for a frame but i i think i get the 2008 giant glory DH some guys selling for 950

Posted: May 4, 2009 at 16:03 Quote
Jamie24siemon wrote:
cowieuk wrote:
Jamie24siemon wrote:

well i havent had much looking for a frame but i i think i get the 2008 giant glory DH some guys selling for 950

what dop u think?

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
$950's a lot to drop on a frame or a beginner..especially if its a Glory DH. Try looking into less expensive completes from specialized like the lower end big hits or the kona stinky series to start. By the time you ride the hell out of those you'll know what style and brand of bike you'll need.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
roaf wrote:
$950's a lot to drop on a frame or a beginner..especially if its a Glory DH. Try looking into less expensive completes from specialized like the lower end big hits or the kona stinky series to start. By the time you ride the hell out of those you'll know what style and brand of bike you'll need.

yup yup! Check craigslist as well. ive actually found some good deals on there when i was looking for my buddies bike that got stolen. didnt find his bike, but i found some good DH bike deals tup

Posted: May 7, 2009 at 8:24 Quote
kev211 wrote:
roaf wrote:

yup yup! Check craigslist as well. ive actually found some good deals on there when i was looking for my buddies bike that got stolen. didnt find his bike, but i found some good DH bike deals tup

Well now im thining of getting a Santa Cruz V-10

Posted: May 7, 2009 at 8:27 Quote
Lol thats way overkill for a beginner racer, im going to start racing at the end of this year/start of next year and im on a Specialized Bighit with MZ 888's, i think im quite lucky to start on this bike, i have had other bikes and other full suspension bikes but this will be the first time i race, a v10 is not what you need.

Posted: May 7, 2009 at 8:33 Quote
Fullsussersrock wrote:
Lol thats way overkill for a beginner racer, im going to start racing at the end of this year/start of next year and im on a Specialized Bighit with MZ 888's, i think im quite lucky to start on this bike, i have had other bikes and other full suspension bikes but this will be the first time i race, a v10 is not what you need.

yes but it will have much better handeling whcih will make it alot easier

Posted: May 7, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
How do you know? you've never raced downhill so you dont know what type of bike is best for YOU, alot of people will agree a SC v10 is overkill for a beginner who was never raced before, but its your money and so who knows...

Posted: May 7, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
Fullsussersrock wrote:
How do you know? you've never raced downhill so you dont know what type of bike is best for YOU, alot of people will agree a SC v10 is overkill for a beginner who was never raced before, but its your money and so who knows...

eh lol stop chirping but i have talked to some people that know what there talking about and they even said it'd be easier to start on a v-10 cause its has better handeling

im not trying to chirp you!

Posted: May 7, 2009 at 8:49 Quote
Of course a v10 would handle better for downhill than a cheaper bike like my bighit for example any idiot could tell you that, but your not going to be going so fast that you need that much control, I have not even pushed my bighit to the limits and it's performed excellent on everything so far. Im guessing from your profile this will be your first full suspension bike, you should start on something simpler

Posted: May 7, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
But your just going to plough through stuff and not learn any handling skills on a V-10. If your a beginner coming into the sport and ask for advice its a good idea to listen to the actual advice you get instead of disregarding it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008633
Mobile Version of Website