Powered by Outside

Will This Work?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Will This Work?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 6, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
Apparently I cracked my frame.
photo

I don't feel entirely safe riding it, so I figured I would beef it up a bit. Do you think this will hold up?
photo

Do you think the duct tape will keep the frame from further cracking, or will the tape prove useless? I might fortify it a bit more by bracing it with a pencil, perhaps some bubble gum. Or will the extra mass outweight the benefits of having the safer ride? Maybe a thinner and lighter adhesive along the lines of scotch tape will save weight and add the backbone I am looking for.

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
yeah sure! theres nothing ductape cant fix!

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
hahah try super glue if the duct tape aint workin to good

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
Looks pretty solid to me. I like that pencil idea, but def put some more duct tape then she should hold up nice. OH, don't use to much or with will weigh down your bike.

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
ye anymore would just be useless. U have the perfect amount on there. Deff makes it stronger

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 19:19 Quote
get the gorilla glue duct tape haha itd barely need any tape and be like a weld

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 21:43 Quote
she'll hold just fine

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
JB weld that shit up

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
connorridesbmx wrote:
JB weld that shit up
Why would I do that? I think the duct tape will do a sufficent job.

Posted: May 6, 2009 at 21:56 Quote
I dunno, try masking tape actually, it comes in green, blue or white and is also lighter and more wind resistant that duct tape

Posted: May 7, 2009 at 18:43 Quote
igth so im a LMFAOOO at that but heres a sujeston get 20 bucks and go to home depo there is a really cool product that they have i dont remember the name but if you realy want to fix it look for it, any ways it got the same texture as plasticine you role it in any shape or form you want but when it hardens it hardens good, just as strong as steal hahahah ductape is a miracle worker happy fixing =P

Posted: May 7, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
Gaffa tape and tent pegs! Few years back i snaped a chinstay at nass and couldn be arsed to walk around all weekend so used what i had... Held up fine all weekend!

Posted: May 7, 2009 at 19:07 Quote
streetxbikerx13 wrote:
are you mental or just joking
cause it isnt going to work
unless your doing light riding
but you need a new frame
or you could try welding it
or maybe under warrenty
Facepalm

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012943
Mobile Version of Website