Powered by Outside

What is the best dj tyre out there?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What is the best dj tyre out there?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 11:42 Quote
i am going to get new dj tyres. what is the best?

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 11:56 Quote
Hookworms. High volume, low rolling resistance.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 11:57 Quote
heres my opinion on the ones i've ridden

Holy Roller- last ok, grippy and fairly soft, rolls fast. though 2.4's dont feel nice but if you can get them in 2.2 (i think they do) they'd be better
Halo Twin rail-last ok, average to poor grip, rolls really fast, odd colours
schwalbe tabletop- last ok, average gripp, light, rolls really fast, timo endorsed, way over priced
tioga fs 1000- wear quite quick, thin, really low profile and mega fast, cheap, very slick so no mud
dmr transition- really thick/full wrap, good grip on concrete or park, hate mud, very fast, lasts long
nokian xxx- different,full wrap, hates mud, really fast, thinner than they say
dmr moto rt- my personal favourite in 2.2, fast, durable and rolls nice and grippy even when damp
dmr moto digger- good for damp trails,grippy, high air volume, versatile, good front tyre not rear, last ok, not bad for wet

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:05 Quote
i personally like holy rollers and the dmr moto rt

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:05 Quote
I run 26"x2.5" Hookworms front and back on my dj/street bike.

People often complain that they are too heavy, but to be honest I don't notice the weight at all. And the thicker side wall helps prevent pinch flats.

Also, I've heard of people complaing about losing traction, but in 3 years of riding Hookworms in dirt, I've never had a problem (from hard pack to beach sand).

Overall I love the Hookworms and I'd recomend them.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:08 Quote
I run the kevlar bead schwalbe table tops and I absolutley love them

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:08 Quote
i've ridden the hookworms a lot... if it's hard packed dirt or dry pavement they are fun, and they roll better than anything out there besides a Conti GP4000 on the road... but if you switch to a holy roller in the same day, you'll be like "WTF was I thinking."

K-rads suck, period.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:10 Quote
the syncros Point and shoot, light and grippy, my second choice would be an arrow Launch.

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:13 Quote
mitch1616 wrote:
the syncros Point and shoot, light and grippy, my second choice would be an arrow Launch.

that would make for an excellent front tire... match that with something smoother in the back and you'd have a killer set up

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 12:20 Quote
i always go with the kenda k-rad

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 at 21:17 Quote
Gsnickets wrote:
mitch1616 wrote:

that would make for an excellent front tire... match that with something smoother in the back and you'd have a killer set up
:OLISTEN TO THE PROWhip JK lol Moon i run a k rad and i ran holly rollers but the hollt rollers have a flat top so there a little slow but its up to you also if you going fir weitht get sincross or kenda

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010114
Mobile Version of Website