Powered by Outside

Rebuilding Dirtjumps

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Rebuilding Dirtjumps
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 11, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
So basically my buddys and i have decided to rebuild some old dirtjumps...There are over 50 dirtjumps and all of the dirtjumps are rock solid...My question is how do we get the backs of the dirtjumps thicker and have like a 6 inch case pad on the take off and landing...because right now it looks like a spine takeoff to spine landing...whats the trick to make a dirtjump alot thicker...because when i go to throw dirt on the backside of the takeoff/slash landing it just slides down to the bottom...whats the trick...water?

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
konastinkyrider2 wrote:
So basically my buddys and i have decided to rebuild some old dirtjumps...There are over 50 dirtjumps and all of the dirtjumps are rock solid...My question is how do we get the backs of the dirtjumps thicker and have like a 6 inch case pad on the take off and landing...because right now it looks like a spine takeoff to spine landing...whats the trick to make a dirtjump alot thicker...because when i go to throw dirt on the backside of the takeoff/slash landing it just slides down to the bottom...whats the trick...water?

Wow... You need Water .. Dirt doesnt stick when its not wet.. Also you cant just toss it up on the lip.. You have to pack it on there..

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 22:55 Quote
Pack the dirt in layers, so the next layer can be built on the one underneath it. And keep digging, it takes more dirt than you think to get solid jumps!

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 23:09 Quote
just run a sheet of plywood over it, haha instant table top

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 23:12 Quote
shamrock84 wrote:
just run a sheet of plywood over it, haha instant table top
Fail.

Posted: May 12, 2009 at 16:02 Quote
yea...we are just going to fill up some trash cans full of water...

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 21:14 Quote
whats the best way to transport water...we have around a half mile walk...from the closet water source...

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
a really f*cking long hose

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
yea...but that half mile walk isnt to a water valve or what ever you call it...there a few trash cans full of water in my truck...

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 9:12 Quote
than a really really f*cking long hose Smile

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
willayy wrote:
how and f*ck am i suppose to have pressure water going from a few trash can of water through a hose...

O+
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
konastinkyrider2 wrote:
willayy wrote:
how and f*ck am i suppose to have pressure water going from a few trash can of water through a hose...
hes kidding dude

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
i hope he was...because i am going to run generator to pump the water from a few trash cans...

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
just go build when its raining

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 19:00 Quote
konastinkyrider2 wrote:
i hope he was...because i am going to run generator to pump the water from a few trash cans...
or use gravity and siphon the water. leave the bins in ur truck and stick the hoes in and as long as the jumpas are downhill from the truck then u got instant water pressure

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011788
Mobile Version of Website