Powered by Outside

ive rawed my 09 saint cranks would it void the warrenty ?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
ive rawed my 09 saint cranks would it void the warrenty ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 13, 2009 at 7:41 Quote
right, ive rawed my new 09 saint cranks a few days ago and i was wondering if it would void the warrenty on them ???? thanks

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 7:53 Quote
i'm still trying to wrap my head around why you would do that to a new set of cranks instead of older used ones that are a couple yrs old.

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 7:54 Quote
thought they would luk good rawed then i polished them so they r now crome

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 7:57 Quote
more than likely it would...why dont you just read the warranty in the manual.

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 8:05 Quote
well i kinda threw the that away

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
nicolai-helius-freerider wrote:
well i kinda threw the that away

check online it should be up on the shimano site

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 8:08 Quote
i wouldnt worry about it...it's not like there gonna break. But if for some reason they did or you screw them up removeing them then yes your probably shit out of luck on the warranty

FL
Posted: May 13, 2009 at 8:12 Quote
post some pictures! i want to see chrome saints!

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 8:38 Quote
1) paint is a finish. it is not structural.

2) you've done it, so what if the answer's no? take them back? throw them away?

stick the things on your ride and get some photos up dude.

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 8:44 Quote
yep, almost certainly voided, especially if you sanded them, because the surface finish of your cranks (coating/shot-peening e.t.c.) plays an important role in the durability of the metal. If you sand or strip using strong chemicals a treated metal surface [or welds on a frame], you bugger it!

... but most people don't know this

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 8:49 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
yep, almost certainly voided, especially if you sanded them, because the surface finish of your cranks (coating/shot-peening e.t.c.) plays an important role in the durability of the metal. If you sand or strip using strong chemicals a treated metal surface [or welds on a frame], you bugger it!

lol common mistake
my friend rawed his frame and tryed sanding the welds to make them look smoother on the fame... i mean wtf lol
some companies will state that products must be left alone, others are ok with painting and stuff

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
ctd07 wrote:

i used wet and dry paper to do it so ?

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 8:57 Quote
ctd07 wrote:

i used wet and dry paper to do it so ?

they should be fine, Saint cranks are forged so their strength is in the grain structure throughout - I expect they have plenty of strength in reserve, I can't believe you removed all the paint with wet & dry paper, but if you finished it with that to a nice polish, then even better!

You will most probably have voided the warranty, but the cranks should still hold out indefinitely...

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 9:03 Quote
yer they have a super nice finish now all crome and cheers 4 the help Smile

Posted: May 13, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
thought they would luk good rawed then i polished them so they r now crome

Correction, now they're polished aluminum. There's a difference.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017224
Mobile Version of Website